Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Agree the 13/18 is a good choice. 17/22 is why it is a dog on the bottom and not nearly reaching proper RPM...

Since its that time of the year, I had her out a couple weekends ago and I'm ready to enjoy it a lot this summer.

Went to Chicago over the weekend and while I was there I met up with 785lugs, and purchased a Skat 13/18, and a NICE 6 vane stator. And perfect timing because memorial weekend is this weekend.

I took a little scotchbrite to the stainless to make it shine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180521_144944.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	433591  

+1
    Good purchase from a good guy - You should be happy!

Got my pump swapped out teusday and dropped her in the lake yesterday, she is down on speed from the 17/25. Only pulling 5900rpm, and down to 45 from 52mph

New issue, needing help asap, beached my ski for the first time, I have never shut the fuel valve. But believe that's the culprit...

Got of work today and went back to my camp site to hop on my ski and go out. But hit the starter and turned then lock, turned then lock.. come to find the cylinders were full of fuel. Pulled plugs and cranked, there were geisers of fuel... so I immediately stoped and went and grabbed a towel. Then cover the cylinders and continued. Didn't see any more fuel. Put the plugs back in. No start situation. Pulled plugs. Full of fuel again. Looked down the butterflys and seen a full runner on pto, so I pulled the carbs and checked the filters and needles IN the water lol..... cleaned the carbs and plugs and reassembled.. emptied the cylinders again!. Only to get nothing. Pulled plugs, cylinders were full again.

Checked spark. All 3 holes are good, just flooding bad. It had PAR compression befor this.

The only thing I didn't think of untill after was checking the tank for pressure... it was 90+ here today and possibly just kept pushing more fuel into the engine...

Any insight would be appreciate

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver4r View Post
    ... I have never shut the fuel valve. ...
    Now you know why the fuel valve is there, and why it should be turned off every time you walk away from the ski.

If the crankcase is flooded with fuel it can take some doing to get it all cleared.

And once you do get it to fire, keep in mind that most of the oil in the crankcase may be diluted and flushed out. Dribble some oil into the engine air intakes while it idles and don’t run it too hard until the oil has a chance to distribute itself.

Left the plugs out over night and came back to a pretty empty engine, I had no fuel coming out of the plug holes. But now it still won't start. I'm suspecting a weak battery. Even with the jump box on it (not charged) the battery pack shows 10.8 cranking.

The plugs show a VERY weak spark.

+1
    Charge the battery, recheck voltages while cranking - you want to be higher than 10.8

10.8 volts is just barely on the good side for the red carb engine ignition system.

The news keeps getting worse. It still won't start, I went and bought another battery and a charger since I'm at the lake. Also purchased new plugs.

Swapped the battery out and then pulled plugs, I can feel the breeze off the wake through my spark plug hole on the mag.

+1
    Spark is still weak?

Move the negative battery cable end from the bed plate to a stud on the PTO intake manifold. Sometimes the bed plate is not properly electrically grounded to the actual engine block.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information