Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

More 2016 SVHO owners coming out regarding the stalling issue. GP1800 also stalls.

As many of you know my 2016 FZS SVHO intermittently stalls upon rapid release of the throttle. Dangerous, as when it stalls the wind and current can move the ski potentially causing a collision.

Now, I am seeing posts and comments here on greenhulk, and other places about the new 2017 GP1800 stalling with very similar, if not exact symptoms.

If our new cars were stalling, would we tolerate it?

Do not tolerate your new ski stalling.

Anyone who reads this who is experiencing the problem, please get a video of what it is doing.

Here is mine;

+1
    Potentially dangerous for sure. Now the question is: what is the cause?

Tried new 2016 and new 2015 throttle body. Tried brand new engine head. Tried some sensors and a new supercharger. Tried a ECU out of a non-stalling 2015 ski. Tried a new 2016 ECU. Tried a new 2017 ECU. Tried new battery. $8500 plus in attempted warranty fixes. No luck. What year is your FZR?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Potentially dangerous for sure. Now the question is: what is the cause?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinride View Post
    Tried new 2016 and new 2015 throttle body. Tried brand new engine head. Tried some sensors and a new supercharger. Tried a ECU out of a non-stalling 2015 ski. Tried a new 2016 ECU. Tried a new 2017 ECU. Tried new battery. $8500 plus in attempted warranty fixes. No luck. What year is your FZR?
    Ya so the next question, is this a problem isolated to your ski, a handful of skis, or numerous skis. My FZR is a 2009, zero issues in 200+ hours.

Damn, man. Thats why I bought a Yamaha. I have heard stories like that. Super reliability.

Like I said, i am finding more and more people with this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Ya so the next question, is this a problem isolated to your ski, a handful of skis, or numerous skis. My FZR is a 2009, zero issues in 200+ hours.

+1
    my 2009 FZR 250 hours and 2017 GP 1800 35 hours are Flawless....hope you get it fixed...perhaps a re-flash of the ECU ???

Reflash technically voids warranty. People say, thats okay refalsh before it goes to the shop, and put it back to stock. I just resent Yamaha having sold me a ski that forces me to make the decision between voiding my warranty or having a ski that runs safely and properly.

Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    my 2009 FZR 250 hours and 2017 GP 1800 35 hours are Flawless....hope you get it fixed...perhaps a re-flash of the ECU ???

+1
    mine never really stalled but it acted like it was going to when you snapped the throttle shut from low rpm. jesus from riva fixed mine so he obviously knows what does it and what parameter needs tweaking in the tune to correct the issue . of course to fix that it requires a different map which means reflash.

+1
    Have you pumped out all the gas, dried tank out and put fresh gas in it? Sounds like you might have just enough moisture in the tank to play with fuel...

+1
    The op has been posting these threads on here about this for a year and a half. The ski should not stall out and its a shame he uasnt corrected the issue but its few and far between that i hear someone complain about this. I havent seen or hard of anyone on here in the past year. To say more people are coming out about the stalling issue is a bit far fetched and makes it seem like its a massive problem everyone is having. Just not the case. Why he hasnt made the dealer take the ski back long ago is beyond me. They 3 chances to fix then you can get them on lemon law.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information