Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    It’s been mentioned many times on the forum about the Magnuson Moss warranty act. Just adding any part does not void a warranty. It has to be proven that the aftermarket part was the cause of the failure before warranty can be denied. An aftermarket tune would have to cause engine failure, which it can do if it’s a bad tune. Fortunately we have resources like Riva, Deans, and R&D to turn to who all do extensive testing of their tunes before releasing them for sale

I disagree. Manufacturers have broad discretion as to what they put in their warranty. The warranty can be very very limited. They can put very broad terms and conditions in their warranties. Start reprogramming the computer that controlls the engine, warranty void.

This is something which we likely do not need to speculate on. Warranty is in every operators guide. For the 2016 models anyway.

To confirm whether an ECU flash voids Yamaha factory warranty, call Yamaha.

My money says ecu flash voids warranty.

+1
    Just to let you know that mine has the stalling issue even when stock and flashed by 2 different tuners Maptuner and Worx. Mostly only does it when cold start but also does it when at normal running temp. It is very isolate when its at operating temp but none the less its there. Usually when hitting the throttle hard and releasing. Its doesnt really bother me thou but can tell you that 4 different tunes did not fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by FPV TRANNY View Post
    Just to let you know that mine has the stalling issue even when stock and flashed by 2 different tuners Maptuner and Worx. Mostly only does it when cold start but also does it when at normal running temp. It is very isolate when its at operating temp but none the less its there. Usually when hitting the throttle hard and releasing. Its doesnt really bother me thou but can tell you that 4 different tunes did not fix it.
    Yet another stalling 2016 Yamaha FZS SVHO. I hope you, as well as everyone affected by this holds Yamaha accountable, and does so before your warranty runs out.

Stalling PWC is dangerous. At any speed. Mine stalled at speed. Just once. But that was enough. It was unpredictable. I just did not feel safe on it.

See if they fix it, or if they make you sue them.

Please, consider doing anything other than just letting it ride. You paid good money for this ski, right?

Would you buy another if you knew of this issue beforehand?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FPV TRANNY View Post
    Just to let you know that mine has the stalling issue even when stock and flashed by 2 different tuners Maptuner and Worx. Mostly only does it when cold start but also does it when at normal running temp.

It is very isolate when its at operating temp but none the less its there. Usually when hitting the throttle hard and releasing. Its doesnt really bother me thou but can tell you that 4 different tunes did not fix it.
    Has the engine been looked at for potential electrical or mechanical issues?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2930058

More 2016 SVHO owners coming out regarding the stalling issue. GP1800 also stalls.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinride View Post
    I disagree. Manufacturers have broad discretion as to what they put in their warranty. The warranty can be very very limited. They can put very broad terms and conditions in their warranties. Start reprogramming the computer that controlls the engine, warranty void.

This is something which we likely do not need to speculate on. Warranty is in every operators guide. For the 2016 models anyway.

To confirm whether an ECU flash voids Yamaha factory warranty, call Yamaha.

My money says ecu flash voids warranty.
    I have called Yamaha on this and they said no it does not void the warranty. But if the aftermarket part caused a problem then the warranty will be void.

6. +1 by:

+1
    If you are using maptuner. Have JesusG bump the idle up. It should help when you go from forward to reverse stall.

Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    I have called Yamaha on this and they said no it does not void the warranty. But if the aftermarket part caused a problem then the warranty will be void.
    Seabrook, I would like to hear that. Would you be willing to participate in a conference call to Yamaha about that?

Seems as you and I have come to different conclusions.

It seems to be an important issue / question to many of our readers here.

Shall we make the call?

I'd like to point out that even though people here clearly disagree at times, we all stand to benefit in some form from the information which is posted here.

I believe you and I have disagreed in the past. No problems or issues on my end.
    Last edited by dolphinride; 03-14-2018 at 05:35 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinride View Post
    Seabrook, I would like to hear that. Would you be willing to participate in a conference call to Yamaha about that?

Seems as you and I have come to different conclusions.

It seems to be an important issue / question to many of our readers here.

Shall we make the call?

I'd like to point out that even though people here clearly disagree at time, we all stand to benefit in some form from the information which is posted here.

I believe you and I have disagreed in the past. No problems or issues on my end.
    You seem very enthusiastic about this. Why continue on the topic? I'm assumimg your lawsuit is om going if you still are talking about stalling issues. You gathering more evidence against them to make more money or win the case?

Quote Originally Posted by stifun View Post
    You seem very enthusiastic about this. Why continue on the topic? I'm assumimg your lawsuit is om going if you still are talking about stalling issues. You gathering more evidence against them to make more money or win the case?
    Good question.

When I started my first thread on the stalling issue I was the only one who was experiencing the problem, as far as I could tell.

People said I was crazy. People said I was lying. People implied that I was doing something wrong in the way(s) I operated the ski.

People implied that I must be the only ONLY one who was having this problem, because Yamaha would never build a ski with these issues.

Well, I thought so too. I purchased a Yamaha because I thought that was the decision to make. And that if my ski was having the problem, then I must have been unlucky enough to have the 1 in a million ski with the problem.

Also at that time I thought Yamaha would take care of it quickly.

More and more people are recognizing this as a problem. More and more people are coming forward and saying 'My ski stalls too'.

When someone decides that their ski has this stalling symptom, and goes online to see if there is a fix, or to see if other people are having this problem, it may help them in some way to come across this thread.

The more information posted here the better.

You asked me a question above. 'Why continue the topic'.

Hopefully it will help people who are having this issue. Even if for now it only helps them as far as realizing they are FAR from the only ones with the problem.

Also, from reading this it may help it sink in to people that this is dangerous.

When a ski stalls, there is no steering. When a ski stalls you are at the mercy of the momentum of the ski, the wind, and the current with no ability to steer away from something to avoid hitting it.

Also I tend to believe that the quieter we are about this issue, the less people talk about it; the fewer people come forward and say 'mine stalls too', the less likely that Yamaha is to do anything about it.

Yes, I feel strongly about this. Yes, enthusiastic may be a somewhat appropriate term.

Thank you green hulk for continuing to allow me to post about this.

Thanks for all who have come forward and acknowledged that their ski has the same problem.

Thanks to those who have come forward and acknowledged that 'These yamaha SVHO waverunners should not be stalling like this'.

+1
    dolphin ride: Have you sent Yamaha an official letter stating your case and requested a reply? Has Yamaha sent you an official letter with their response to your problem? Who specifically have you spoken with at Yamaha (name and title)? I am trying to figure out how far up the ladder this has progressed at Yamaha.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information