Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil Extractor

+1

Oil Extractor

All,
    I'm looking for a Good- no make that VERY good oil extractor. I think i want to start doing my own oil changes... and also if anyone knows of the proper tool to remove the filter too.
    Thanks.

+1
    I use an old portable medical suction unit, works awesome.. But you can just go to west marine(or the internet) and buy one. Just be sure to warm up the engine first on the hose, or after a ride as it makes the whole process go a lot quicker due to thinner oil..

+1
    You spend $50 you get the one with the hand pump that will siphon and that's shape like a ball that holds 5-6 quarts ,it will take 20-30 mins to siphon off a warm engine but you will need to pump it a few times every now and then to keep oil moving ..

Lots of debates on best way to to remove oil filter on this ski all good ,I just use the large wrench socket made for Kawi which uses a 3/8ths drive ratchet ... 6 yrs many oil changes it never fails me ..��

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    You spend $50 you get the one with the hand pump that will siphon and that's shape like a ball that holds 5-6 quarts ,it will take 20-30 mins to siphon off a warm engine but you will need to pump it a few times every now and then to keep oil moving ..

Lots of debates on best way to to remove oil filter on this ski all good ,I just use the large wrench socket made for Kawi which uses a 3/8ths drive ratchet ... 6 yrs many oil changes it never fails me ..��
    Me too on the filter. I got the cup at NAPA and I can have the filter changed in less than a minute. Don't buy the K&N filter, which has a socket head on it to assist in taking off the filter.. One would think this is a good thing, but I've had one warp under torque, then you can't put the filter cup on it because it's in the way.

+1
    Thanks for the information...
    There are many available so confusing... This late in the game i'm finally starting to do my own changes.. Also, Thanks for the tip on sucking up oil from a warm engine... i never would have thought of that.
    Cheers

+1
    giguchan, I recently purchased a Drill Pump & Hose Kit from a local dealer made by Parts 2-0 it's model # FPDMP21HC its a pump that attaches to a short garden hose for the drain hose(included) and a smaller plastic hose for the crank case oil suction(also included). I connected this pump to my drill and extracted 4 quarts in about 5 mins tops. it's neat, easy and I believe I paid like $35 for it. You probably can find one online easily.

unbelievable the amount of terrible suggestions from professional posters .. don't buy make shift crap that was designed to be cheap and do the job of an actual tool that was designed to do it properly .. MightVac 7201 fluid extractor plus .. it both extracts and disperses .. it has leak proof hose quick connects .. it's on a professional level .. the ball type and anything around 50 bucks are a lesson to be learned the hard way .. every oil change is like major surgery being extremely cautious not to make a mess .. any1 suggesting 1 imho is just ignorant or cheap .. they are too small to remove any normal size engine oil which is confirmed by the post above .. 4 qtz but ur gonna remove 5 and a half .. they are shaped like a ball and filled with dirty oil .. what could go wrong right ?? worst awkward design ever and not big enough to hold what ur removing in 1 shot .. whoever made that design should be hung and shot .. and u still have to empty it .. spend the extra money and save urself time and total destruction

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybnvs2 View Post
    unbelievable the amount of terrible suggestions from professional posters .. don't buy make shift crap that was designed to be cheap and do the job of an actual tool that was designed to do it properly .. MightVac 7201 fluid extractor plus .. it both extracts and disperses .. it has leak proof hose quick connects .. it's on a professional level .. the ball type and anything around 50 bucks are a lesson to be learned the hard way .. every oil change is like major surgery being extremely cautious not to make a mess .. any1 suggesting 1 imho is just ignorant or cheap .. they are too small to remove any normal size engine oil which is confirmed by the post above .. 4 qtz but ur gonna remove 5 and a half .. they are shaped like a ball and filled with dirty oil .. what could go wrong right ?? worst awkward design ever and not big enough to hold what ur removing in 1 shot .. whoever made that design should be hung and shot .. and u still have to empty it .. spend the extra money and save urself time and total destruction
    Ok Ok I'm ignorant and cheap BUT you stay off the drugs !!

Where do you come up with that nonsense that its major surgery it will make a mess will dirty your oil won't remove oil in one shot and you still have to empty it yeah no kidding!

Both the ball and your MightyVac will both do the job just fine for someone who does one ski maybe 1-2 oil changes a yr you don't need " professional level"

"Total Destruction "... Give me a Break! lol lol lol

10. +1 by:

+1
    I'm ignorant and cheap too.... oil change is the most basic mechanical task going.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-5A-Oil-D...-/191881631147 Works fine

+1
    That $100 one is an epic waste of $ IMO. I also have the $12 eBay one, works great!

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information