Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil Extractor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybnvs2 View Post
    unbelievable the amount of terrible suggestions from professional posters .. don't buy make shift crap that was designed to be cheap and do the job of an actual tool that was designed to do it properly .. MightVac 7201 fluid extractor plus .. it both extracts and disperses .. it has leak proof hose quick connects .. it's on a professional level .. the ball type and anything around 50 bucks are a lesson to be learned the hard way .. every oil change is like major surgery being extremely cautious not to make a mess .. any1 suggesting 1 imho is just ignorant or cheap .. they are too small to remove any normal size engine oil which is confirmed by the post above .. 4 qtz but ur gonna remove 5 and a half .. they are shaped like a ball and filled with dirty oil .. what could go wrong right ?? worst awkward design ever and not big enough to hold what ur removing in 1 shot .. whoever made that design should be hung and shot .. and u still have to empty it .. spend the extra money and save urself time and total destruction
    Are you are professional troll or do you wear a soft helmet everyday? Damn man..

So yeah my medical suction unit made for heavy duty environments is a bad idea, right.. And here is a tip, if you suck up 4 quarts and it fills up, you do this thing called STOP, empty it and start again..

+1
    Thanks Gang for all of the suggestions.... I'm going to tackle this weekend before i install my rigid lights on my truck. Means i have to leave time for riding... Damn season here gets shorter and shorter every year.
    Turns out my Neighbor has that fancy Mighty vac do hickey so i'll try that looks harmless.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybnvs2 View Post
    unbelievable the amount of terrible suggestions from professional posters .. don't buy make shift crap that was designed to be cheap and do the job of an actual tool that was designed to do it properly .. MightVac 7201 fluid extractor plus .. spend the extra money and save urself time and total destruction
    Well for starters, its not a "MightVac 7201", its Mityvac 7201. If you are going to soundly trounce all those that suggest using anything less than your recommendation of a high-end machine to do a simple oil change - and risking "total destruction" in the process - at least exercise a little precision and get your technical information correct. And since you appear to be so adamantly opposed to even considering any technique that doesn't involve elaborate and expensive equipment, you've left me with little choice but to post my own el cheapo method of oil removal. I drove my very cheap butt down to Walmart and got an outboard primer bulb and a length of clear plastic tubing. Get the oil good and warm, run the ski and trailer up on to a set of ramps so the ski is in a pronounced bow down attitude. Pull the dip stick off and slip the tubing over the dip stick tube. Tubing needs to be sized for a snug fit. Then just pump away. You'd be surprised how quickly and thoroughly you can pump out all of that oil with this technique. The pickup point is such that oil removal is very close to 100%

Hopefully you enjoyed reading my exceptionally terrible suggestion. Although it should come as no surprise, given the level of extreme incompetence I clearly and consistently demonstrate in everything I foolishly attempt to accomplish.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Started doing my own oil and plugs this year as well, this worked like a charm and was cheap! Created a strong prime to keep the oil flowing out

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

+1
    Thanks Anthony!
    I used to go to R rated down your way.. I think this ought to be harmless.

+1
    I've got a pneumatic powered unit from Northern tool. I've never used it, picked it up from CraigsList because it looked like a deal.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Forgot to mention - One of the most important things to keep in mind when doing an oil change here is to be extremely careful during the filter removal operation to avoid contacting and damaging the oil pressure switch with your filter removal tool. Switch is mounter on the oil cooler and in very close proximity to the filter. VERY good risk of this happening if you are using a strap type wrench and not paying close attention to what you are doing. You are working half blind in that location so not that hard to make this mistake with this engine even if you are an otherwise skilled and experienced mechanic.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by giguchan View Post
    Thanks Anthony!
    I used to go to R rated down your way.. I think this ought to be harmless.
    No problem, its very straight forward! There is a useful thread on here that was a good reference for my first time changing a skis oil, it was for a sea-doo but i'm sure there is one for the kawi. If not I doubt its too much different

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by deksea View Post
    Forgot to mention - One of the most important things to keep in mind when doing an oil change here is to be extremely careful during the filter removal operation to avoid contacting and damaging the oil pressure switch with your filter removal tool. Switch is mounter on the oil cooler and in very close proximity to the filter. VERY good risk of this happening if you are using a strap type wrench and not paying close attention to what you are doing. You are working half blind in that location so not that hard to make this mistake with this engine even if you are an otherwise skilled and experienced mechanic.
    Thanks for this information. Very helpful indeed.

+1
    Wow! What a totally rude and useless post! I've used both of these oil exstracting machines and I can tell you that they do just fine. I do it on the 1st exstraction and it only pumps out at the max a little over four quarts. If that's the best post you can do, if I was you, I would stay off the board. Give me a break. Lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information