Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    jcancel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunrise, FL
    Posts
    64

    Help with Stator replacement 2008 RXT

    Hello,

    I have the low 12V alarm on my 2008 RXT.. I had replaced the Voltage regulator and still have the alarm going on. I have measure the V on the battery and its 12.5V before i start then after its start in idle its reads 12.3 even with the new v regulator.. I have checked all the Fuses and they look good. So i think the problem is the Stator. I can do basic maintenance on my skies but I think this is a littler over my head to do.. Does anyone know a mechanic in the port saint lucie area that can help!! And how much should I expect to be paying for that type or repair?

    Thanks in advance for any advice..


  2. #2
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,147
    +1
    223

    Help with Stator replacement 2008 RXT

    Quote Originally Posted by jcancel View Post
    Hello,

    I have the low 12V alarm on my 2008 RXT.. I had replaced the Voltage regulator and still have the alarm going on. I have measure the V on the battery and its 12.5V before i start then after its start in idle its reads 12.3 even with the new v regulator.. I have checked all the Fuses and they look good. So i think the problem is the Stator. I can do basic maintenance on my skies but I think this is a littler over my head to do.. Does anyone know a mechanic in the port saint lucie area that can help!! And how much should I expect to be paying for that type or repair?

    Thanks in advance for any advice..
    Test the stator you should have 0.1-1 reading under ohms from any combination pin 1,2 or 1,3 etc and same test should have continuity on all 3 if it doesn't then it's bad they usually go bad if the ski sinks in salt water, good idea to test prior to ripping the engine out .

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Check the amp output at 30amp fuse holder when engine is running. May start off with a reading when started around 10amp then drop to around 8amp at idle, but you definitely want above 4amp. You can check the staor voltage output too, it should be 35VAC or a little above at 3500rpm, you will need an inline harness for that test.

  5. #4
    canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The wet left coast.
    Posts
    1,158
    +1
    125
    Have you checked the wiring connector for the alternator output near the rear of the block ? It likes to melt sometimes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1951 (002).jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	420494  

  6. +1 by:


  7. #5
    jcancel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunrise, FL
    Posts
    64
    Funny you put this suggestion I came back to post that I had found the issue and it was exactly what you suggested.. Issue has been solved now.. Alarm gone Ski charging again..

    As usual Thanks to all for your suggestions...

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Have you checked the wiring connector for the alternator output near the rear of the block ? It likes to melt sometimes.

  8. #6
    canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The wet left coast.
    Posts
    1,158
    +1
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by jcancel View Post
    Funny you put this suggestion I came back to post that I had found the issue and it was exactly what you suggested.. Issue has been solved now.. Alarm gone Ski charging again..

    As usual Thanks to all for your suggestions...

    Good to hear you're back up and running at least it's an easier fix than replacing the stator.

  9. #7
    Catch22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri/ Lake of the Ozarks
    Posts
    61
    +1
    4
    I had the same thing happen. Luckily a easy fix.

  10. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    192
    +1
    12
    I removed my motor and it was a bad fuse. Oh well I know now. Glad you found it

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need hood help with 2008 RXT 255
    By emillika in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2016, 07:30 AM
  2. Please help with my rxt x 255 2008 cavitation problem
    By jccycle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-14-2014, 03:03 PM
  3. Need some help with race bars on rxt 215
    By JohnnyG. in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 10:55 AM
  4. Help with RXT stage 1 kit
    By chrisb370 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 08:14 PM
  5. Help with stock prop and RXT stage 2
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 08:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •