Help with Stator replacement 2008 RXT

Hello,

I have the low 12V alarm on my 2008 RXT.. I had replaced the Voltage regulator and still have the alarm going on. I have measure the V on the battery and its 12.5V before i start then after its start in idle its reads 12.3 even with the new v regulator.. I have checked all the Fuses and they look good. So i think the problem is the Stator. I can do basic maintenance on my skies but I think this is a littler over my head to do.. Does anyone know a mechanic in the port saint lucie area that can help!! And how much should I expect to be paying for that type or repair?

Thanks in advance for any advice..

+1

Help with Stator replacement 2008 RXT

Quote Originally Posted by jcancel View Post
    Hello,

I have the low 12V alarm on my 2008 RXT.. I had replaced the Voltage regulator and still have the alarm going on. I have measure the V on the battery and its 12.5V before i start then after its start in idle its reads 12.3 even with the new v regulator.. I have checked all the Fuses and they look good. So i think the problem is the Stator. I can do basic maintenance on my skies but I think this is a littler over my head to do.. Does anyone know a mechanic in the port saint lucie area that can help!! And how much should I expect to be paying for that type or repair?

Thanks in advance for any advice..
    Test the stator you should have 0.1-1 reading under ohms from any combination pin 1,2 or 1,3 etc and same test should have continuity on all 3 if it doesn't then it's bad they usually go bad if the ski sinks in salt water, good idea to test prior to ripping the engine out .

3. +1 by:

Check the amp output at 30amp fuse holder when engine is running. May start off with a reading when started around 10amp then drop to around 8amp at idle, but you definitely want above 4amp. You can check the staor voltage output too, it should be 35VAC or a little above at 3500rpm, you will need an inline harness for that test.

+1
    Have you checked the wiring connector for the alternator output near the rear of the block ? It likes to melt sometimes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1951 (002).jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	420494  

6. +1 by:

Funny you put this suggestion I came back to post that I had found the issue and it was exactly what you suggested.. Issue has been solved now.. Alarm gone Ski charging again..

As usual Thanks to all for your suggestions...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Have you checked the wiring connector for the alternator output near the rear of the block ? It likes to melt sometimes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcancel View Post
    Funny you put this suggestion I came back to post that I had found the issue and it was exactly what you suggested.. Issue has been solved now.. Alarm gone Ski charging again..

As usual Thanks to all for your suggestions...

Good to hear you're back up and running at least it's an easier fix than replacing the stator.

+1
    I had the same thing happen. Luckily a easy fix.

+1
    I removed my motor and it was a bad fuse. Oh well I know now. Glad you found it

Thread Information