Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    I get a 30ish second alarm when I hit low fuel - which leaves about 6 gallons in the tank FYI. I use the alarm to remind me I have about an hour left of fun (throttle dependent of course). And yes, it is loud enough to wake the dead.
    Chris

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    If I recall correctly, when the Low Fuel buzzer occurrs on my GP1800, it silences itself after about 30+ seconds of continuous loud beeping.

The red warning lamp on the dash continues to flash and the LCD fuel symbol also blinks.

If engine is shut down and then restarted, the buzzer sounds again for about 30 seconds.
    Last edited by K447; 09-18-2017 at 10:33 PM.

+1
    On the FZR there's a button you press next to the gauges that turns off the beeper. No button like that on GP?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZeeR View Post
    On the FZR there's a button you press next to the gauges that turns off the beeper.

No button like that on GP?

Nope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_0000_gp1800-blue_instrumentation.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	419985  

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    If I recall correctly, the one and only Low Fuel buzzer that occurred (so far) on my GP1800, I was able to silence it by pressing and holding either trim up or trim down for several seconds. Or maybe both together ?

I tried both trim arrows while riding at speed, since those are really the only 'buttons' on the entire watercraft other than Start and Stop. Within a few seconds the alarm became silent, as I recall. The water was rough and I was rather busy reading the waves so I did not spend much time watching the display while I was prodding the trim buttons.

Next time someone has the Low Fuel warning buzzer, try pressing various combinations of the trim buttons. Report back please.
    Willing to bet that 30 seconds goes by fast when riding and it just timed out.
    Hope im wrong-but I tried a bunch of button and combos .

Quote Originally Posted by FZeeR View Post
    On the FZR there's a button you press next to the gauges that turns off the beeper. No button like that on GP?
    No gp/vx hulls no little (mode)buttons.. Nothing to switch in the display ,, it shows everything always..Fuel,hous,gear,rpm,mph.
    Fx Fz have the buttons because they have a lot mode "modes" on the display..

+1
    I bet there's a hidden button..or secret combination of other buttons to press to turn off beeper..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBurgers View Post
    I get a 30ish second alarm when I hit low fuel - which leaves about 6 gallons in the tank FYI. I use the alarm to remind me I have about an hour left of fun (throttle dependent of course). And yes, it is loud enough to wake the dead.
    Chris
    Lollll I just noticed you have the speed of your Toyota 4Runner in your sig. hahahahaaaaaaa

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    I put a piece of Hydro Turf over the buzzer to muffle it.

Cant hear much over the Megaboom mounted between bars and dash now anyway..
    Still a flashing light on dash.

Codes come up by themselves (had a Ride reverse code pop on me when I installed Trim)
    I use the remote to activate lock and unlock a few times -Seems to clear codes faster..

If they run hot or low oil doesn't the rpm's get lowered automatically??
    Where is this buzzer located. It's so loud and annoying its hard to tell where it comes from. The dash cluster?

***Disregard*** Located (behind the glove box)and Eliminated! Great idea with the traction mat. Muffles it rather then getting rid of it completely. Warrnings are great for noobs to stop them, but for people who ride regularly that ear piercing is just not called for. Sounds like it'll be just enough to get your attention now instead of alerting the world you hit the low fuel buzzer.
    Last edited by Saum700p; 02-27-2020 at 05:03 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    ... this buzzer ... It's so loud and annoying ...

... Eliminated! Great idea with the traction mat. Muffles it rather then getting rid of it completely.

Warnings are great ... the low fuel buzzer.
    The engine overheat warning is, to me, the most important reason to keep the audible buzzer working. It would be easy when riding to not immediately notice an unexpected/sudden engine HOT flashing warning on the dash.

Engine overheat can happen fast at speed if the wrong cooling hose fails.

Buzzer would also sound for low oil pressure?

The warning buzzer just tells me to look at the dash.
    The dash display tells me why the buzzer alarm is sounding.

The ‘Low Fuel’ buzzer sound is annoying, but mostly because it lasts a whole 30 seconds or so. Seems like longer. But it only sounds once, then stays quiet until the engine is next restarted.

Hmmm ... maybe there is some way to momentarily/manually mute the buzzer just when desired, yet still allow buzzer to provide audio warnings when riding

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Hmmm ... maybe there is some way to momentarily/manually mute the buzzer just when desired, yet still allow buzzer to provide audio warnings when riding
    If only Yamaha thought of that and gave us a button like on the older models. I tested it out with the tape over it. Not disabled but muffled... sounds loud enough to get your attention but not give you a case of anxiety when the low fuel light pops off. For the average person riding in a lake or close to a camp / launch, I would say its not that bad. You should not run a ski on empty as most people do cars, always better to have extra fuel then not enough. When we ride we pack it and the piggyback tanks full, stay out all day 125miles or more every day, so every evening we're on that buzzer.
    Last edited by Saum700p; 02-28-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information