Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Gp1800 performance problem

I bought a g1800 and install a riva stage 1 plus kit. I run about 30 h without any troubles but now i have a performance problem on...when the engine is completely warm and i run it full throttle, after a certain time, the rpm fall at 5500 rpm and stay there until i play with the trottle several time or i slow down dramatically. After that, it get back to 8000rpm and do the problem again... no lights,no vibrations,nothing. It is a litle like if it was falling in learning mode but without the light on. When it do it, if i keep the throttle fully, it stay there at 5500rpm ....any idea, your help would be appreciate!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Clutch on the way out?

Dont really know about that but if the supercharger clutch is not working well...it will affect the torque...not the rpm...am I wrong?

+1
    Sounds like super charger clutch is failing.

Hi everybody,
    I'm a bit confused now and need your advice.. i am running my gp1800 with amsoil 10w40 synthetic since the beginning of the season and one of the tech at my dealer suggest me to put back yamahalube instead of amsoil. He told me the synthetic oil may affect the supercharger bearing and cause my trouble. I try it and look like the problem disapear.... the amsoil is just a better quality lubricant that meet every yamaha standard requirement...i supposed some of you are riding modified craft with amsoil without having problem....but now it is looking ok with the yamahalube back in the engine......

+1
    There's a big debate on the use of synthetic oil instead of yami lube in the supercharged skis. But I think it's the sprags and not the bearing it affects, what bearing wouldn't want a synthetic oil.

+1
    i had the exact same issue and i thought it was my clutch as well. it wasnt. i used my maptuner to read the codes and i was seeing a few different codes indicating that the tps sensor was throwing a fault. now i had this problem after i reflashed an updated tune. only change in tune was rev limiter. after a couple times out on the ski the problem just went away. now im not sure if once you reflash it takes some time for the ecu to relearn some of the parameters or not. i am assuming so since my ski always runs a little hoakey for awhile after a flash then always straightens out after some run time. my issue was exactly as you described though. you would have to blip the throttle and the rps would come back or slow way down then when you pull the throttle again its all ok. was the ski reflashed 30hrs ago or have you reflashed the ecu recently?

Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    i had the exact same issue and i thought it was my clutch as well. it wasnt. i used my maptuner to read the codes and i was seeing a few different codes indicating that the tps sensor was throwing a fault. now i had this problem after i reflashed an updated tune. only change in tune was rev limiter. after a couple times out on the ski the problem just went away. now im not sure if once you reflash it takes some time for the ecu to relearn some of the parameters or not. i am assuming so since my ski always runs a little hoakey for awhile after a flash then always straightens out after some run time. my issue was exactly as you described though. you would have to blip the throttle and the rps would come back or slow way down then when you pull the throttle again its all ok. was the ski reflashed 30hrs ago or have you reflashed the ecu recently?
    Never reflash it...i run the riva stage 1 plus special adjustment for 91 octane for the last 40h and never reflash it...just put back yamahalube in and for my last 2 runs, look to have solved the problem....

Quote Originally Posted by Vince1976 View Post
    Never reflash it...i run the riva stage 1 plus special adjustment for 91 octane for the last 40h and never reflash it...just put back yamahalube in and for my last 2 runs, look to have solved the problem....
    There was no code at all in the ecu...

+1
    I gotta say...we would probably be seeing this problem widespread if it was the oil. Just my thought. I recently switched to ams oil and haven't had an issue. Who knows but an ecu is a mind of its own and can be quirky at times to say the least

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information