Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMD13 View Post
    I gotta say...we would probably be seeing this problem widespread if it was the oil. Just my thought. I recently switched to ams oil and haven't had an issue. Who knows but an ecu is a mind of its own and can be quirky at times to say the least
    That is what i wanted to verify with the forum community...but for now...i rode it all day again and with yamahalube...the problem disapeared...kind of wird! And we test the problem before and after the oil change and it seems to get solved. 2 possibility...my engine need yamahalube for whatever reason, or something was obstructing an oil passage and the oil change solved it whatever oil type as been used....

+1

code light (red) for the first start up.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMD13 View Post
    I gotta say...we would probably be seeing this problem widespread if it was the oil. Just my thought. I recently switched to ams oil and haven't had an issue. Who knows but an ecu is a mind of its own and can be quirky at times to say the least
    I noticed that when I did the stage one plus refresh I had a code light (red) for the first start up. After cutting the motor and letting the screen clear, the problem never came back. There must be some type of learning between the CPU and re-flash software. I also run Amsoil Marine 10w40 and haven't had issues. If anything, the Amsoil seems to remain cleaner in both my boat and ski versus Mobil 1. IMO can't go wrong with either.
    Chris

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince1976 View Post
    That is what i wanted to verify with the forum community...but for now...i rode it all day again and with yamahalube...the problem disapeared...kind of wird! And we test the problem before and after the oil change and it seems to get solved. 2 possibility...my engine need yamahalube for whatever reason, or something was obstructing an oil passage and the oil change solved it whatever oil type as been used....
    Yea, I hear you. Definitely weird and I understand how one can only question it when its the only variable per say that had changed. The only thing I ever had happen was when I was headed back in and I got crazy vibration around 4 to 5k rpm in the pump tunnel when riding. I jumped off and checked the grate. Restarted ski and same thing. Started limping it home...then just opened it up and it all went back to normal. Something had to be clogging the impeller..prob sea grass. Never saw or felt anything after that. Weird thing was it was in a channel where you wouldn't expect that but anything can be floating around or just under the surface.

+1
    very doubtful the oil is causing clutch issues ....many people run synthetic without issues. Your problem sounds more related to spark plugs or computer tuning.

For now, everything turn perfectly ...i'll run it like this and i may try back synthetic amsoil for next maintenance just to test more...i'm really sceptical but for now...i'm just happy to play with all other wstercraft on the lake and being the king every time again🥇🏋️♀️

+1
    you could try new plugs maybe that will help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince1976 View Post
    I bought a g1800 and install a riva stage 1 plus kit. I run about 30 h without any troubles but now i have a performance problem on...when the engine is completely warm and i run it full throttle, after a certain time, the rpm fall at 5500 rpm and stay there until i play with the trottle several time or i slow down dramatically. After that, it get back to 8000rpm and do the problem again... no lights,no vibrations,nothing. It is a litle like if it was falling in learning mode but without the light on. When it do it, if i keep the throttle fully, it stay there at 5500rpm ....any idea, your help would be appreciate!
    I'm no expert but it sounds like the engine is overheating and it's dropping the RPMs to cool it as a safety measure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using GreenHulk PWC Performance mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Reviving an old thread - Having a similar issue the OP had. If i'm running WOT and the ski comes unhooked it goes into a "limp" mode, where WOT will only go 40MPH and about 6k rpm. I have to totally let off throttle and slow to an idle before it will have full RPM range. No codes/lights - could there be a TPS sensor or a tip/rollover sensor being triggered? Any other ideas?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM88 View Post
    Reviving an old thread - Having a similar issue the OP had. If i'm running WOT and the ski comes unhooked it goes into a "limp" mode, where WOT will only go 40MPH and about 6k rpm. I have to totally let off throttle and slow to an idle before it will have full RPM range. No codes/lights - could there be a TPS sensor or a tip/rollover sensor being triggered? Any other ideas?

yes i did find the issue on my ski. the cable was loose on the tps sensor. the little adjustment nuts loosened to the point there was about 1/4" of play on the sensor. i really cant believe the cable didnt fall off of the thing. they must not have been snugged down at the factory since the ski was fairly new when mine did that. i think that was the first season.

Will check it out tonight - thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information