Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

+1
    I just looked at the manifolds and they are just barely bigger than the stock reed stuffer. But....that hole looks too small, lol. I need to research options for something better.

+1
    Yeah I feel like the biggest opening possible while retaining a smooth transition for optimal flow is the best way to go. I don't think it's as important on the single pipe machines, but for the triples I would think it's important to get most flow possible. Ive got a used set of manifolds that are meant for the Bucksot 50's coming that i am going to try to use for my 48's so when I get them I'll look them over and we can talk about how to maximize them. Can you taper rectangular holes to circular holes for a smooth transition on the cnc machines you have at work? I don't know how involved that type of machining would be but if the rectangular opening could be machined out to match the wider R&D reed stuffers and smoothly tapered to the circular carb side opening , I would think that would be optimal.

+1
    Yes, I can do that on my cnc's. I haven't got a response at all from R&D.

+1
    R&D emailed me and said they don't have reed stuffers for the Ultra 150 anymore. I guess we are stuck to stock stuff or build our own.

+1
    Yeah I called all around and nobody has any kicking around. I talked to Steve from Skiworxs today and he said he will look to see if he has any used one's lying around somewherr. I talked with him for a few and he said the best thing to do is either grind the stuffers to port match the manifolds or take the stuffers out, but if you take them out it will suffer on the low end, so it looks like grinding them to match looks like the best option.He also said he found that adding a reed spacer to move the carbs a little bit further from the engine helped the most with signal strength and low end throttle response, especially with the triples because the extra horsepower would cause a lot of turbulence in the engine and it would end up splitting and cracking the lighter reeds. So that being said I am definitely sticking with the stock reeds and will probably just grind the stock reed stuffers to match the manifolds...... but I would like to talk with you about possibly widening the square side of the manifolds to open up the flow a bit.

+1
    I was looking at this last night. A machined stuffer would be a little bit complicated to build, but would be perfect for 3d printing. I'll see if any of my machine shop friends have one. I know Boeing has one, but I don't think they would make us any, lol...

+1
    Haha yeah probably not! I never thought about 3D printing new ones....I don't think I know anybody who has one. Skiworxs ended up not finding any kicking around his shop so no luck there. I haven't gotten my intake manifolds yet but I'm hoping to see them soon so I can figure out how it's all gonna fit together.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170909_152256.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	421061So I received my intake manifolds and buckshot f/a's today (thanks again Splishsplash, you are the man! ) and with a little tweaking I'll be able to use the mikuni rubber spigot boot adapters I bought to mount it all up.

It looks like the width of the intake manifold matches up almost perfectly with the metel ridge on the reed cage when the stuffer is out and only a tiny bit of the stuffer is in the way at the top and bottom so I think I will try cutting the middle out of both sides of the stuffer and then see if the two halves that are left will stay tightly wedged in the cage.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170909_201306.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	421062
    without stufferClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20170909_201331.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	421063
    I'll report back once I see how well it works out.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170909_182621.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	421065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170909_185047.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	421066There's nothing quite like a a pile of shiny new upgrades

10. +1 by:

+1
    Looks good! How are you going to plumb the water lines? Head to pipe, then pipe to pisser, Jetworks valve to all 3 stinger pipes?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information