+1

Question Forum post moved what ,s going on?

What is going on with the kaw 4 stroke forum why are all the post be moved to the How to and FAQ section? Tommy Jordan

+1
    August appears to be the month for "Moves".

Reference:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2772711

It seems to be isolated to just the Kawasaki Section.

Waz, you didn't re-locate again did you

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    What is going on with the kaw 4 stroke forum why are all the post be moved to the How to and FAQ section? Tommy Jordan
    It's nice to see the admin actually doing something every now and then, too many people just post generic crap question in the PERFORMANCE SECTION.... e.g. why does my seat get hot , why did I get a oil H Light....all this does is tender the search feature usless..... I for 1 will hope to see more cleaning of house ....

Waz

+1

Maybe a NEW Section is Indeed the Answer?

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    too many people just post generic crap question in the PERFORMANCE SECTION.... e.g. why does my seat get hot , why did I get a oil H Light...
    --------------------------------

So with the ever increasing number of Kawasaki 4-Stroke Owners - should such Questions be posted:

1. Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke) - IMO YES
    2. Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke) - NO
    3. Kawasaki Projects - Definately NOT
    4. Kawasaki ECU Support - Another NOT
    5. Kawasaki How To & FAQs - Possibly - yet such questions defined above are certainly NOT FAQ's
    6. Kawasaki Tech Tips and Info - No because such is defined to be used for, "is used for storing information, such as recalls, bkm documents, white papers, diy guides, and proceedures"
    7. Kawasaki Open Discussion - Most Logical Choice = Yes - yet this section is defined for, "For subjects such as talking to your fellow Kawi friends on subjects not related to specific ski performance such as forum changes, asking for general help, or showing something about kawi's that don't belong in the ski areas."

So where does that leave us to post such questions? - See # 1 and # 7 above.

PS - I see everything got moved back to its Original Posting Place. This certainly makes it easier "Browsing"

As always Sean - Many Thanks for supporting OUR Kawasaki Section !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    --------------------------------

So with the ever increasing number of Kawasaki 4-Stroke Owners - should such Questions be posted:

1. Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke) - IMO YES
    2. Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke) - NO
    3. Kawasaki Projects - Definately NOT
    4. Kawasaki ECU Support - Another NOT
    5. Kawasaki How To & FAQs - Possibly - yet such questions defined above are certainly NOT FAQ's
    6. Kawasaki Tech Tips and Info - No because such is defined to be used for, "is used for storing information, such as recalls, bkm documents, white papers, diy guides, and proceedures"
    7. Kawasaki Open Discussion - Most Logical Choice = Yes - yet this section is defined for, "For subjects such as talking to your fellow Kawi friends on subjects not related to specific ski performance such as forum changes, asking for general help, or showing something about kawi's that don't belong in the ski areas."

So where does that leave us to post such questions? - See # 1 and # 7 above.

PS - I see everything got moved back to its Original Posting Place. This certainly makes it easier "Browsing"

As always Sean - Many Thanks for supporting OUR Kawasaki Section !!!
    Theres a FB page that 2 of us started Ultra 250/260/300/310 your welcome to visit and join and talk skis Ed��...I'm admin so I keep the bad guys out��

https://www.facebook.com/groups/469588150066629/

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Man tough crowd lol

The sections are labeled for what goes where, people just don't read the section headings.

The section I feel best fits "my ski isn't running right because it needs spark plugs or I didn't flush it right" is HOW to and FAQ since its a reoccurring topic.

I have asked for a while to get a "problem solving and troubleshooting" section but was turned down.

I am open to suggestions if you guys have a better idea, some of the stuff I moved probably should have gone into the open section but I just blanket moved it since the performance stuff got buried.

Sean

+1
    Don't know how many use the GH App page but unless I'm commenting by I phone I prefer the old format page for I pads , lap tops etc get to see what's happening on the whole post board of all subjects and skis��

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Don't know how many use the GH App page but unless I'm commenting by I phone I prefer the old format page for I pads , lap tops etc get to see what's happening on the whole post board of all subjects and skis��
    Most of the time I use tapatalk and primarily view based on participated threads.

I am quite sure some of the older guys will echo this but at some point we all get tired of answering the same 7 questions (part of why I came up with the troubleshooting thread)

I also know that there is still some cool aftermarket development work and performance work going on somewhere but as far as I am able to contribute, my time has just disappeared. While most of what I used to do was probably not groundbreaking or bleeding edge I did make a point of sharing it all, even the mistakes. It seems to me there are just not as many people who post in that style anymore.

Sean

My topic got moved to HOW to & FAQ

FAQ should be a sticky and not a collection of posts you are tired of seeing.
    How to should be dedicated guides on how to do something.

I posted questions on a ski had bought. If anything it should be moved to projects.

+1
    FAQ can be an area where frequently asked questions OR answers to frequently asked questions. If you are documenting a build or rebuild then its a project.

The guides are in Tech Tips and Info, it even says that in the forum heading.

I have asked again if we can get the sections renamed, for now this is how they are setup and have always been setup (even before I joined). It is nothing new, just something that needs to be cleaned up every once in a while.

Sean

Thread Information