Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchin510 View Post
    ... could this have cause a ďboggingĒ condition? At least attributed to it...
    Fuel pressure is correct?

Correct NGK spark plugs installed?

If you can connect a voltmeter and monitor the voltage on white/red wire while riding. Voltage is supposed to be stable at about 45 volts DC.

Do not unplug anything, find a place to tap into red/white wire for red meter probe. Black meter probe to engine ground. One possible place is the diagnostic loop through connector near the EMM. 4-pins, with red/white wire on both sides of the connector.

+1
    I'm completely grabbing at straws, but I just fixed a bog with my pro because there was a very small crack in the spigot of the fuel valve. It would only leak when it was under a decent amount of pressure. Ran fine at low speeds but got worse and worse when you went faster. The crack kept getting worse, towards the end I couldn't get above 4k rpm.

Might be worth looking into, though it's definitely a major stab in the dark. Checking everything never hurts, tiny crack in a spigot is not something you can actually see.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sdlvx View Post
    I'm completely grabbing at straws, but I just fixed a bog with my pro because there was a very small crack in the spigot of the fuel valve. ...

... major stab in the dark. Checking everything never hurts. ...
    No fuel valve on a Ficht fuel injected engine.

+1
    Forgive me, I'm a simple man with older skis.

Hereís my current condition. The ski wonít start. I recorded it and posted it to YouTube. I hooked up the TPS to a volt meter.

Anyone have any input?

+1
    The TPS is powered from the EMM. The EMM is only powered when the engine is cranking or running. You can install a service power jumper to power the EMM for static testing.

That noise while cranking doesn't sound right at all...

I donít knowing I understand. Are you saying to use a desperate power supply. Which I have itís a 30v10amp adjustable one. And splice into the EMM to power it? Then check the TPS? Where would I splice to? Pin #? Also, what voltage needs to be fed to the EMM to run it?

+1
    1) Service power jumper info here (applies 12V power to EMM for static testing): http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1139250

2) I'm confused about your wiring, you shouldn't be grounding anything. RED=5V from EMM. BLK=GROUND FROM EMM. WHITE/(Green) = TPS SIGNAL FROM ~0.5VDC to ~4.5VDC

9. +1 by:

+1
    It sounds like when you first press the start button the engine is cranking but then stops while something keeps spinning. I wonder if the woodruff key is sheared off and only the flywheel keeps spinning or you have a bendix issue.

I bit the bullet and pulled the engine out of this ski. I pulled the starter, and Bendix. I bench tested the starter, itís working fine. The Bendix gear seemed to be binding and not engaging the flywheel intermittently while it was installed in the ski.
    Once a removed them, I sprayed it with some silicone lube. Reinstalled, and on the bench, it seems to be engaging. So, for the hell of it. I ordered a new starter, and Bendix.
    I notified, on the flywheel some of the teeth look a little worn. But I donít know if this would cause the Bendix to not engage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information