Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Lost my 2013 FZR in a storm, now stranded on Bimini

If anyone hears or talks to anyone about seeing a dark grey with green trim FZR in the Atlantic please pm me. Me and a buddy were crossing from Miami to Bimini and got caught in a storm. I got picked up by a 108 foot yacht and had to abandon my ski. It has a yeti 75 and big dry bag strapped to it.the coastguard said it could end up around the Carolinas. Please keep a lookout for it. Thanks Jerry. I'm going to try to post some pics of it.

+1
    Why didn't you tow the ski??

+1
    The yacht wouldn't stop because they said it was too dangerous because they were towing their 25 foot fishing boat. I was running out of fuel and lost my two five gallon cans I was carrying trying to put it in. They slowed down and thrown me a road I the stopped and hooked it to my ski ilet then when I cought back up to them I came along side their boat and handed it to the guy on the back. He dropped it and of course it got sucked in the intake grate then it was all over. I tried to get them to throw me another line wile they we're circling me and the caption said he was talking to the coastguard and they told him to tell me to abandon it and swim to his vessel. So I jumped off my ski and swam and caught the tow line they were pulling the other boat with. I was so fatigued from all the swimming in the storm I couldn't hardly pull myself to their boat. They literally pulled me on their boat when I got on I couldn't even walk or breath.

damn dude glad your ok

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gprenvy View Post
    damn dude glad your ok
    Yea me too. Sorry for bad spelling auto correct. I was only 16 miles from Bimini when I got picked up. I am now stuck here with no way to go and no passport since it was in dry storage. All my cash and all my belongings are on that ski. I have the clothes on my back and a pair of shorts and shirt they gave me off the yacht. They won't fly me or ferry me without document. Trying to hitch a ride back.

+1
    Can a moderator copy this post and put it on the other main threads so I can get the word out about mi ski. If you can't I understand thanks Jerry.

No insurance? Would insurance even cover this? I hope it would.
    I wonder if the ski would even be worth repairing by the time it washes up wherever.
    You should also call Yamaha and see what happens if a good samaritan calls Yamaha with your VIN number. Can they find you?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    these are invaluable on miami to bimini runs

https://www.rei.com/product/843146/a...locator-beacon

on activation your location is picked up by a sat network and relayed to the nearest air sea rescue

if you often find yourself in an area with no cell service, (like south east of here) or perhaps the middle of the gulf of mexico

it can literally save your life. It's really cheap considering how much money you set fire to in order to expedite your rescue from that coral reef that pooped up in the middle of nowhere

Count yourself lucky to still have a bunch of lives left, you certainly gave one up here.

+1
    Could've been worse bro and we're glad you made it out and hope you get your ski back if they find it.

+1
    damn dude crazy story and glad youre ok. but curiosity kills me, you were making that ride all by yourself?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information