+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Most importantly he survived......
    And will be on Netflix.

Attached Images Attached Images  

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I actually pitched a reality tv show a few years back

But how do you compete against airplane repo and ice road truckers?

Needless to say my Tardis has aligned and I'm ready to go back to stop the wet bike from ever being produced

I had the pleasure of being at a Kawasaki cycle dealer who opted to take the brand on

Well pleasure is a stretch..

However that means all pwc' s will be made by Evinrude/Sears until 2027

Sorry bout dat

4. +1 by:

+1
    I actually pitched a reality tv show a few years back

But how do you compete against airplane repo and ice road truckers?

Needless to say my Tardis has aligned and I'm ready to go back to stop the wet bike from ever being produced

I had the pleasure of being at a Kawasaki cycle dealer who opted to take the brand on

Well pleasure is a stretch..

However that means all pwc' s will be made by Evinrude/Sears until 2027

Sorry bout dat
    LMAO! You crack me up man!

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottpaige View Post
    See below. This is what the guy of the original post sent me.

"The storm didn't really bother me because I had everything I needed until the captain kept hollaring to try fueling in the storm. That's when I lost all my fuel. I was ok even then. What doomed my ski was when I handed the deck hand the other end of the tow rope and he dropped in and it went straight to the intake grate a sucked up in the pump. After that I started getting sick knowing I was dead in the water in the middle of a storm. I wasn't going to abandon it but after they circled me about 10 times wile yelling come on leave it. At that point the whole crew of 6 was yelling they said they would deal with my ski when I got on their boat. Then they just left after I got on board. I wanted to jump back in."
    sorry for not getting back to everyone on this thread. I have had a lot of bad luck ever since the trip. A few weeks after the trip I tore my right rotator cup and on 9/14/2017 had a complete shoulder repair. I mostly just been staying home and messin around the house. Between therapy and and the holidays just spending time with the family. The good news is I only got 2 weeks of therapy left. As far as my lost ski I look on CL all up and down the east coast all the time thinking someone found it and trying to sell it. I really think it is at Freeport and someone has it riding it. I am planning a trip over there just to see if I can bump into it lol. I am planning another crossing to Bimini but this time I'm taking my 260 searay Sundance and towing both my FZS. If anyone wants to plan on going let me know. I have already bought a spot and garmin inreach explorer. You can send and receive text using the satellite network Not cell service. I want to visit and say thank you again to all the awesome people at Bimini who helped me wile I was there. It was an experience being on the island a couple of nights with just the clothes on my back and a few dollars in my wallet.

Ill try to keep checking this thread and again sorry for not posting back thanks.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Speechless

+1
    Ok so some have asked me about a lot of details about my trip so I'm going to post as much as I can tonight.
    On July 29 I got up at 4:30 am heading to Miami to meet up with my buddy to cross over early the next morning. The plan was to sleep in the truck get up on the 30th but my buddy had family trouble and couldn't leave so I ended up sleeping in my truck 2 nights the 29th and 30th my buddy drove all night and got to the marina around 7 am on the 31th. I ended up showering at the marina and we headed out around 8am the weather was awesome. Not knowing about the tropical storm coming our way we headed out both skis had gps we stayed together for the most but for some reason he started pulling away from me slightly north but I could always see him. So I stayed dead on course I could see him turn straight south like he was going to intercept me. Then it started clouding up and the wind started blowing north east toward Freeport we were about half way. It went from seeing him to zero visibility fast then I lost all sight of him. I knew I couldn't turn back because the wind and waves were pushing me toward Bimini. I knew the best thing I could do was stay on course and to push toward bimini as fast as I could. My buddy on the other hand did turn around at some point and ended up running out of fuel 5 miles off the coast of Miami and was lucky to keep 911 on the line long enough to tell them where he was. They sent beach patrol and sea tow and the coastguard to find him. He told them about me and the coastguard sent a helicopter after me. So I was pushing toward Bimini and when I would crest a wave I would try looking for him. That's when I saw faint lights following my course. As the yacht kept getting closer he was having a hard time staying on course from the waves pushing him around. So I let him pass and started following him since he was plowing and towing a fishing boat. It helped a lot then at 18 miles from Bimini I was down to one bar and it started beeping so I started flagging him down.
    Ok I'll have to finish up tomorrow sorry for stopping but it's a good stopping place.
    Catch y'all tomorrow

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    shit, I was totally in the dark about the dangerous waters TV series when I made my previous comments on this thread regarding your event. However pitching your story now will likely not go over well as I'd be branded as a copycat as good as the story would be for "I survived"

As I mentioned, recovery is painfully slow, but you're in good company as Judge Jeanine just had similar surgery ( I guess banging that freaking gavel causes some huge RSI)

sounds like you'll have some time to catch up on some netflix/amazon/reading.

Have you read any clive cussler adventure novels?

I always penned myself as a not so handsome(or tall) version of dirk pitt, the protagonist of many cussler novels. Pretty much formula after you've read a bunch, but still a good way to pass some time and go someplace else.

+1
    shit, I was totally in the dark about the dangerous waters TV series when I made my previous comments on this thread regarding your event. However pitching your story now will likely not go over well as I'd be branded as a copycat as good as the story would be for "I survived"

As I mentioned, recovery is painfully slow, but you're in good company as Judge Jeanine just had similar surgery ( I guess banging that freaking gavel causes some huge RSI)

sounds like you'll have some time to catch up on some netflix/amazon/reading.

Have you read any clive cussler adventure novels?

I always penned myself as a not so handsome(or tall) version of dirk pitt, the protagonist of many cussler novels. Pretty much formula after you've read a bunch, but still a good way to pass some time and go someplace else.
    i haven't read those not really big on reading but may look them up. The shoulder was
    a rough pill to swallow. I think I messed it up after going back to work. As far as survival you don't really think of it that way or I didn't. I was thinking what I had to do next to keep from being stranded in torrential downpour with wind gust from 50 to 70 mph and lightning everywhere. I thought for sure I was going to get struck. Thanks for all the positive comments I'll try to finish up tomorrow.

+1
    Very glad you made out unharmed in the Bimini incident. Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I do have a question. As I have made the Bimini trip by ski in 2 to 4' seas, how do you plan to "tow" 2 skis behind your boat??

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information