Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammonton?

+1

Hammonton?

Years ago I used to ride in Hammonton there was a ramp and a state park with a beach and grills...does anyone know what is up with that place these days? I forget the name.... But it is close to the Pick O Lilly...

+1
    Crowleys landing is all I can think of that is somewhat near the areas you describe, but certainly not close..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
    Crowleys landing is all I can think of that is somewhat near the areas you describe, but certainly not close..
    Yes that may be it...If memory serves me correctly...I thought the Pick o Lilly (coldest beer in the pines) was on my way out of there... so you are saying it isn't close to Crowley's landing? By the way...Thanks for the response !

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    depending on which way you are coming from you'd have to pass the pic if your coming down 206 from Burlington county area

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    depending on which way you are coming from you'd have to pass the pic if your coming down 206 from Burlington county area
    I am further south than Burlington I am closer to Cherry Hill even further south than that..I am coming from Deptford Mall area.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    So I read that the ramp was being repaired? is this completed?

+1
    Yes it's repaired. Although it doesn't have a steep incline and can be troublesome during low tides. And I guess if you aren't from the area the Pic is close by. I suppose it's all perspective. Regardless, it's a great place to eat however it can get super crazy on weekends. My neighbor actually owns the place and I know they follow quality procedures/practices with their food.

The place to be this summer seems to be the Sweetwater riverdeck which is the next road over from me. We've had to shut the road down on some weekends due to the influx of people. I drove through there today with the ATV just to see the madness, and you wouldn't imagine the amount of cars, Jeeps, motorcycles and trucks with PWC trailers...

Thankfully I am blessed to have off days during the week, which is when I hit the waterways..

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    Rescue have you been to Sweetwater yourself? How is it?

+1
    i put in at sweetwater once or twice a week. im only a mile down the street. food is good and it does get busy as hell. ramp is fantastic. you can get in and out easily at any tide. very little wait for the ramp.....usually lol. the place does get really jammed though. if you put in at 10-11-12am then your usually fine and parking with a trailer isnt a problem. the place really get jammed 1-2-3pm. my usual time to put in is about 10:30-11 so the place us pretty empty at that time. weekends they have breakfast in the morning which is great. its super quiet and they have a guy there playing steel drums. throw the skis in, tie up, eat a late breakfast or early lunch then hit the river for the day!

crowleys on the other hand....oh boy. mid tide or less and you cant get in and out on the ramp since there isnt enough water. they have a 6x6 at the bottom too so you cant go in deeper. while its not as crowded at sweetwater, the place attracts more morons who have never used a boat ramp in their life. lol. if you sat there and took notes all season you could write a book of the crazy shit you see. last time i was there i had to help a guy pick up his new seadoo off the concrete and put it back on the trailer. didnt bother to hook the winch up. hammered the gas pedal on the truck and off it came. lol. the pic is about 25min drive from crowleys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy89 View Post
    Rescue have you been to Sweetwater yourself? How is it?
    What Jim C said pretty much.. The food is good, not great, on the higher priced side but you will definitely have a good time. If you have kids there is a lot for them to do as well.. But as stated above, on the weekends it's a mad house. If I have a few friends over and they want to go party I usually ride the ATVs over as they are easier to park.

And Jim C, Yeah man you aren't kidding about Crowleys. I love to go there and Faunce Landing in Absecon during a busy summer weekend and just watch the fuc#$$% idiots and shoobies that show up. I am never disappointed with the comic relief. I used to be the nice guy and try helping some of these as#holes but have gotten too much attitude to even bother anymore. I try and just ride during the week in the summer anymore, too many idiots on the water. Although I do like out undocumented locals ramps that provide some relief from the crazies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information