Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Lake Lion
    +1
    How could I forget that Jim cut the stock plate!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbutta View Post
    How could I forget that Jim cut the stock plate!!
    Ok. That is good for 2-3mph. I would still like to know his rpms.
    Thanks

+1
    Congratulations to Nick on his EX wins in the P1 AquaX Sprint classes. Awesome Nick !!

Great thread for EX info. Im looking into getting the tune for mine, a friend just bought the riva maptuner for his so all I need now is the license and the cable for the EX. I figured I'd get the AGR aggressive throttle response tune to get the most playfulness out of it. Is that still on regular fuel? I see no notes where it says you need premium.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    In MaptunerX speak, my understanding is;

AGR = aggressive ignition timing, which usually means the tune needs even higher octane

ATR = Aggressive Throttle Response.

Somewhere there should be an indication of precisely which octane gasoline each specific tune requires (minimum)

On the PDF in their tuning library it says nothing about requiring higher octane fuel whereas it does on the VXR tune my friend got so that is what had me wondering. I tried to call but didn't get an answer but I will try again today and get it figured out.

https://rivaracing.com/files/Maptune..._-8600_agr.pdf

I got the tune for mine and the impeller as well. Is there a certain tool I need for the EX? I cant seem to find anything straight forward. We have the shaft holder and impeller tool for a VXR, it would be nice if they were the same.

+1
    Yes, the impeller tool is the same as older seadoo. You can get the tool thru Riva or Greenhulk. You will take the pump cone off the rear of the pump to access the impeller shaft in order to hold it as a backup to remove the impeller. Use anti-sieze grease on the threads when you put the new impeller on.
    The AGR tune you should run 91/93 octane fuel and i would not run wide open for long extended runs. Cruising should be no issue. Set the rev limit to 9k. You can tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Stedson350v View Post
    I got the tune for mine and the impeller as well. Is there a certain tool I need for the EX? I cant seem to find anything straight forward. We have the shaft holder and impeller tool for a VXR, it would be nice if they were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    Yes, the impeller tool is the same as older seadoo. You can get the tool thru Riva or Greenhulk. You will take the pump cone off the rear of the pump to access the impeller shaft in order to hold it as a backup to remove the impeller. Use anti-sieze grease on the threads when you put the new impeller on.
    The AGR tune you should run 91/93 octane fuel and i would not run wide open for long extended runs. Cruising should be no issue. Set the rev limit to 9k. You can tell the difference.

Awesome, thanks for mentioning the part about it being the same as an older sea doo. A local shop had one and is letting me borrow it today. I installed the 8600 AGR tune and we will see how it does with the impeller. Last step will be the air filter kit. Do you see an advantage of removing the ribbon on these? I know its a PITA to do and theres no replacement part so Id like to know from people who have.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stedson350v View Post
    Awesome, thanks for mentioning the part about it being the same as an older sea doo. A local shop had one and is letting me borrow it today. I installed the 8600 AGR tune and we will see how it does with the impeller. Last step will be the air filter kit. Do you see an advantage of removing the ribbon on these? I know its a PITA to do and theres no replacement part so Id like to know from people who have.
    Nice. You will like the tune with the impeller. Much fun indeed.
    My testing showed better acceleration with a 100rpm gain with the ribbon removed.
    Not really worth the trouble for rec riding IMO unless you get really bored.
    Just feed the motor all the air you can and leave the ribbon for now.
    A 9k rev limit helps top speed if you decide to change tunes. Jesus @ Riva can make you a new tune.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information