Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    jeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toms River NJ
    Posts
    537
    +1
    68
    When i saw the title of this thread i thought you did something stupid like me and hurt yourself...i had to take a week off because i tore/ detached my bicep tendon from where it attaches near the elbow..kind of hard to hold on to throttle with your bicep flapping in the breeze....your fix is probably easier and cheaper than mine ..lol

  2. +1 by:


  3. #12
    Greggpru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,514
    +1
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by jeel View Post
    When i saw the title of this thread i thought you did something stupid like me and hurt yourself...i had to take a week off because i tore/ detached my bicep tendon from where it attaches near the elbow..kind of hard to hold on to throttle with your bicep flapping in the breeze....your fix is probably easier and cheaper than mine ..lol
    Ouch, yeah mine is a much easier/cheaper fix

  4. #13
    Greggpru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,514
    +1
    137
    Looks like I caught it soon enough .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1500293528371.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	417115Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1500293532596.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	417116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1500293535802.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	417117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1500293538556.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	417118Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1500293544482.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	417119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1500293547830.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	417120


  5. #14
    Stevie-Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Shores of Lake Huron
    Posts
    42
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jeel View Post
    When i saw the title of this thread i thought you did something stupid like me and hurt yourself...i had to take a week off because i tore/ detached my bicep tendon from where it attaches near the elbow..kind of hard to hold on to throttle with your bicep flapping in the breeze....your fix is probably easier and cheaper than mine ..lol
    You tear it completely off? I tore mine, but not through. Several weeks of therapy. Doc said if it tears completely to where your biceps rolls up, they still don't generally do anything about it. :O

  6. #15
    jeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toms River NJ
    Posts
    537
    +1
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
    You tear it completely off? I tore mine, but not through. Several weeks of therapy. Doc said if it tears completely to where your biceps rolls up, they still don't generally do anything about it. :O
    Yes , complete tear..dr says its cosmetic..i tore my right arm at the elbow 2 weeks ago.....i tore my left arm bicep completely at the shoulder in march...i dont have time for surgery ...im 52 ,,it is what it is

  7. #16
    Stevie-Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Shores of Lake Huron
    Posts
    42
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jeel View Post
    Yes , complete tear..dr says its cosmetic..i tore my right arm at the elbow 2 weeks ago.....i tore my left arm bicep completely at the shoulder in march...i dont have time for surgery ...im 52 ,,it is what it is
    I'm 61, and I was still shocked to learn there generally wasn't emergency surgery for complete tears. I also had a complete tear of a pectoral muscle a few years ago. Rather embarrassing, as it made one of my tits look funny for a while. Body compensates after a while, I guess.


  8. #17
    Greggpru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,514
    +1
    137
    .110 ring gap , lmao
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1500426402606.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	417246  

  9. #18
    Greggpru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,514
    +1
    137
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1500464794912.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	417274

  10. #19
    Greggpru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,514
    +1
    137
    So total damage = engine bearings took a beating, cam journals a bit scored up but able to be polished , rod bushings need to be replaced, 1 collapsed lifter and all the rings need to be replaced, could have been worse. Only about $500 worth of damage.

  11. #20

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,972
    +1
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Greggpru View Post
    So total damage = engine bearings took a beating, cam journals a bit scored up but able to be polished , rod bushings need to be replaced, 1 collapsed lifter and all the rings need to be replaced, could have been worse. Only about $500 worth of damage.
    lifter?

  12. +1 by:


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How do I remove what looks like oxidation off ski?
    By dbs1 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 04:30 PM
  2. If you had 10 weeks off from work
    By bruinsrme in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
  3. Looks like this couple is taking advantage of the Comfy 3 seater
    By ADAMBOMB in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 03:40 PM
  4. Hood looks like rxp
    By nickdog in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 07:02 PM
  5. What does the tip over switch look like on gtx-sc?
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •