Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kawasaki ultra 300x won't start

How are you guys? I have a 2012 Kawasaki ultra 300x, it just don't start. Put new vpower gas on it, new spark plugs, check all the coils, new oil change.
    Two things I found out was wrong, I inspected my exhaust filter and the metal middle part was off inside the exhaust pipe. 2nd thing I fog my supercharger for over 15 sec with the engine off.

Please help me... just order a new exhaust filter, but will take 10 days to get it, so just need to know if that would cause the engine to no start, or I'll need to look for any other problems?

Thank you 👍✌✌

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using GreenHulk PWC Performance mobile app powered by Tapatalk

+1
    Does it crank but won't turn over?
    Is it completely dead no " beep beep" dash doesn't come on?
    A broken up filter shouldn't cause you not to start though would cause performance issues..

Be more specific

The ski got spark, the fuel pump is working, the engine is cranking, looks like just doesn't happen the explosion. I bealive the filter was clogging the air passage on the exhaust. Thank you for the reply jetdave

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using GreenHulk PWC Performance mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No beep

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Does it crank but won't turn over?
    Is it completely dead no " beep beep" dash doesn't come on?
    A broken up filter shouldn't cause you not to start though would cause performance issues..

Be more specific
    I have a 2011 Kawasaki ultra 300X. I am not getting any power to the screen or am not getting any beeps when putting in the immobilizer. I left the immobilizer in for about 3 weeks not sure if that did something. I can push the immobilizer in all the way and then I get a click from a relay above the battery compartment but only if I push it in hard. Battery is fully charged. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

+1
    Welcome aboard, Jose!

Have you tested/swapped the battery? What is it's voltage? Cleaned the connections on the battery?

On the same subject; what do yall think is most likely culprit when you push start and only get a click: battery getting weak or the starter/bendix/start relay not liking sitting for two months. My batteries (OEM Yuasa) both skis new as of 5/2018. Both skis doing it two weeks ago but managed to get em both running/rode for couple hours. The next day I took both start relays off, tested em, cleaned connections, and reinstalled with fresh dielectric grease. I think the batteries still ok/showing 12.5v at rest and 11+ during starter engagement.

Today, two weeks later, I went out there and they both fired right up. I guess the question is: can letting a ski sit for months without starting cause this even with a good battery?

+1
    If it sits for months without charging the battery, it can ruin the battery.

Yes I agree, sitting for months is bad on batteries. Let me try again on the question. Is sitting for months a thing when it comes to the "click" followed by nada/starter not turning engine over? IOW is it a known problem even with brand new charged battery?

For example does sitting for long periods cause the bendix to not want to engage/work right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information