Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

17' RXP300 stage 2 oil problems

The ski has 24 hours. In addition to whatever amount of oil comes from the factory, I have added 5 quarts and my dipstick is showing nothing. Low oil
    Light never came on but it will peridocally say "low oil presssure" across the screen. My lovely RIVA CATCH CAN is more of a leaky garbage can. I have a nice pool of brown sludge in the bottom of my hull. May as well leave the petcock wide open.

Disappointed. Disssatisfied. I'm
    Not even gonna get into the claims for these kits and what they really run that's for another day. If anyone has any relevant experience or intelligent advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Genius1512 View Post
    The ski has 24 hours. In addition to whatever amount of oil comes from the factory, I have added 5 quarts and my dipstick is showing nothing. Low oil
    Light never came on but it will peridocally say "low oil presssure" across the screen. My lovely RIVA CATCH CAN is more of a leaky garbage can. I have a nice pool of brown sludge in the bottom of my hull. May as well leave the petcock wide open.

Disappointed. Disssatisfied. I'm
    Not even gonna get into the claims for these kits and what they really run that's for another day. If anyone has any relevant experience or intelligent advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
    Just to clarity the oil problem not measuring on the stick when you do the oil change and add oil you must run the engine or else it will not show on the stick unlike the old 260 ski that it would measure almost instantly , on the 300 i add 2 1/2 quarts in the oil change turn it on let it idle for 30-45 seconds on the hose let it cool for a minute or 2 and repeat this process 2-3 times to get the oil to level out inside the engine then add if needed or remove .

Thanks man but that's kind of a no brainer lol I'm very well versed in how to check the oil according to brp.

I have to say this board is great for BS'n and talking about intake grates but every time I have a tech related question the replies seem scarce. ����

+1
    The ski has 24 hours. In addition to whatever amount of oil comes from the factory, I have added 5 quarts and my dipstick is showing nothing.
    So you have 10 quarts in the motor right now? I can see why you are having issues. Do yourself a favor and drain all your oil. Then add 2.5 quarts like DR said and let your motor idle for 30 seconds, now check the oil on the dip stick. It should be above the first bend if not almost in the center. Add oil to get it dead center between the 2 bends. Now take that Riva can and trash it and buy the GFR can https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...es876o80ef8jl4

I had this same issue from the dealer. They had 5 quarts already in there and the can was blowing oil all over the motor. Granded I didnt add more oil like you did thank god.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    So you have 10 quarts in the motor right now? I can see why you are having issues. Do yourself a favor and drain all your oil. Then add 2.5 quarts like DR said and let your motor idle for 30 seconds, now check the oil on the dip stick. It should be above the first bend if not almost in the center. Add oil to get it dead center between the 2 bends. Now take that Riva can and trash it and buy the GFR can https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...es876o80ef8jl4

I had this same issue from the dealer. They had 5 quarts already in there and the can was blowing oil all over the motor. Granded I didnt add more oil like you did thank god.
    I use the riva can (pre GRF) and had issues initially with blow-by. His machine will blow oil out even with the GRF if its overfilled. My machine was overfilled from the factory, and after my dealer did some major warranty work. Follow instructions on how to change the oil that people from this site that own a 300 and you wont get anymore blow-by.

Follow what DR said and you will be fine. Another factor would be make sure the engine temp is up to 160 before you get on the throttle. I havent had to touch my Can since following this method, it has been almost a year.

+1
    Thanks man but that's kind of a no brainer lol I'm very well versed in how to check the oil according to brp.

I have to say this board is great for BS'n and talking about intake grates but every time I have a tech related question the replies seem scarce. ����
    If your very well versed how to properly check your oil why are you asking for advice, why are you adding 5 qts of oil. You don't even add 5 qts when you drain all of your oil when you do a oil change. So I suggest you take all of your knowledgeable technical skills and keep them to yourself if you want some help from some very experienced people on this forum.

7. +1 by:

+1

Even if the motor is bone dry it will not hold 5 liters. So unless you have a leak and it's running out into the hull, you over filled it. When you add oil it takes awhile for it to show up on the stick.

+1

Your gna get some shit for this comment! Lol

+1

Come on man. This is not the way to try and get help. Problem is this. You state you have added all this oil and you have a pile of it in the bottom of your hull. Well hell man stop what your doing. Remove the fricking can if you think its it and clean hull fill to proper level as we have stated. And test. I have used Riva can's for a long time and they were just fine un less the ski was over filled. Yes the dealers normally over fill them. Both of mine were over by a quart.
    Its not rocket science if you cant see it on the stick then figure out why. Normally it will go into limp mode when just bellow the bottom bend about 1.5-2quarts low.

I have found that 90 percent of the problems people face are user error. Take your time clean everything and start over looking everywhere for a leak or the problem.

11. +1 by:

+1
    ✌️best of luck figuring it out .

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information