Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It sounds like an injector issue being lean on that cylinder. I definitely would have them flowed if it were my ski regardless if it ran good or not. I wouldnt want to take the risk of my ski ever running lean. However, I do agree with you about someone else chiming in as there may be something else causing the issue... Maybe a broken reed petal, or a fuel pressure issue... who knows

I still haven't fixed the ski, would it be possible when the motor mounts were replaced the guy missed something like the injection pump cable or something like that?also on a different compression gauge the numbers were 100 100 and 90. Could that be why it won't rev or get up to full speed and just keeps bogging?

No but that should be easy to check for you. Just have to remove the exhaust. I personally would remove the oil injection and just pour 3.2 oz per gallon of premix oil in the tank. It's just as easy and more reliable. I still think you have an injector issue. It doesn't take much to clog them up.

Ok i checked the injection pump cable it is connected and functioning, compression tests were the same. I guess around 100 is pretty low but I think it should still run. I checked the power valves box to functioning correctly. I replaced the plugs again, ran motor for about 3mins, still bogged when I blip the throttle, and here are the results from the plugs, which I'm sure solidifies your injector issue seeing as though the plug in the middle has zero black on it although still smells like fuel...if this is what you absolutely think what should I do with the injectors just replace them or is there anything I can do at home...unless you think I need a new top end based on the compression readings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0315.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	417573

Could you also tell me if it could be from my spark wires or how I would test or fix that issue

Easy to tell if you have spark. Just ground the plug body and crank the engine over. See if it's the same strength spark on all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisgpr View Post
    Easy to tell if you have spark. Just ground the plug body and crank the engine over. See if it's the same strength spark on all 3.
    So I put the plug wires hanging out of the ski, took the middle wire (where the clean plug came from). I grounded it to the lifting eye by the exhaust and cranked it over, it was shocking the hell out of me and the motor started running.... did I do something wrong or is that a sign of anything ? The spark looked kind of dull and and orange color..

Btw I have ALOT of smoke when the ski is idkeing if that's a sign of anything

Test all three plugs and compare. Hold them by the base of the plug boot. Don't touch the plug lol. Doing this in the late evening or early morning may be better to see the spark. Is the center plug wet from fuel?

Yes the center plug was wet, just looked to me like it was never firing because of it. Being so clean and the others having a little black, and yea I held the boot and was clear of the other wires still shocked the hell outta me

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKI View Post
    Yes the center plug was wet, just looked to me like it was never firing because of it. Being so clean and the others having a little black, and yea I held the boot and was clear of the other wires still shocked the hell outta me
    Could those plug wires possibly be the problem? When I have the ski idling and touch that center plug boot it hits me HARD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information