Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmith7 View Post
    Theres no water leaks visible or any leaks i can see and no water collecting in the hull. The ski just runs horrible and shakes and idles rough and everything. I was told there shouldnt be ANY water or moisture from the inercooler to the throttle body, as that would mean water is getting into the intake and in the motor.
    who ever told yu you should never have moisture after an intercooler has ZERO knowledge.
    the intercooler will produce moisture at different levels depending on climate conditions, temperature and humidity.

the ECU may be bad , just dont discount the easy stuff first

but start at the basics
    1. spark plugs
    2. exh filter
    3. SCOM ( the R&D ) scom are known to fail and or be a pain to get the pins to seat correctly

all the tips on how to check the filter is on the site ,
    just use the SEARCH TAB TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE PAGE

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    who ever told yu you should never have moisture after an intercooller has ZERO knowledge.
    the intercooler will produce moisture at different levels depending on climate conditions, temperature and humidity.

the ECU may be bad , just dont discount the easy stuff first

but start at the basics
    1. spark plugs
    2. exh filter

all the tips on how to check the filter is on the site ,
    just use the SEARCH TAB TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE PAGE

Waz
    I checked the exhaust filter earlier and it was still intact. I changed the sparkplugs, drained the tank and put new fuel in yesterday. It was a service tech at the dealership that told me to check the inlet from the intercooler to the intake manifold. I understand there would be moisture in an itercooler but should there really be visible drops of water directly in the intake manifold and of the butterfly valve on the intake? That doesnt seem like it would make a whole lot of sense as water would be getting sucked directly into the intake. But I have no idea, it just seems really odd but yes, all the things mentioned above have been done except for the ECU and I have no way to check it or have anyone with a 310x to let me use theirs.

+1
    I'm just mind boggled right now. I put the intercooler all back together and ran it hooked up to the water hose for about a minute and a half and revved it a little a few times and pulled the couping from the intercooler to intake manifold off and it was dry so it doesnt seem like there would be a leak but its still running rough and the warning light is on. Like I said, the LCD doesnt display the code or tell whats wrong when a warning light comes on (think its an ecu use that causes that) and i cant enter the "service mode" because ever since i bought it, the "mode" button doesnt work on it, only the "set" button does so i cant check it that way. Im racking my brain here, what else can I do?

Have a 250 and was having similar issues of low speed and low rpm etc.. Had a bad coil and was only firing on 2 cylinders hence low rpm etc. Might be a bad coil intermittently?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Draz View Post
    Have a 250 and was having similar issues of low speed and low rpm etc.. Had a bad coil and was only firing on 2 cylinders hence low rpm etc. Might be a bad coil intermittently?
    Is there a way to test the coil pack to see if that could be the issue?

+1
    Got it fixed!!! Thanks a lot Draz! It turns out, the coil pack is good but it somehow worked itself loose and came unplugged. I feel like an idiot for not noticing or checking for that earlier. Anyways, thanks for all the help everyone and glad it wasn't something expensive!

7. +1 by:

No worries, glad I could help, tried searching here for hours as well and posting about it with all the same answers, prob this or that. Ran a grip of tests etc. Not until I figured out it was something that simple I was quite relieved as well. Kinda surprised its not already posted somewhere as being a possible common problem. Is now I guess.

9. +1 by:

+1
    LOL. I've had the same thing happen. I was able to figure it out right away because it was shocking me through my riva throttle lever.

+1
    Check your sparkplug wires. Had the same issue. I knocked mine off the coil side trying to get the oil filter off and didn't notice it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information