+1

01 GTX RFI diagnosis confusion?

Hi my ski runs good tops out 50, maint display and red light blinks. Pulled codes came up with fault code for air pressure sensor. Followed diag in manual ohm out the pins on mpem got open on both circuits, says to replace Air TEMP SENSOR, not pressure I don't get it. Need some help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CRei View Post
    Hi my ski runs good tops out 50, maint display and red light blinks. Pulled codes came up with fault code for air pressure sensor. Followed diag in manual ohm out the pins on mpem got open on both circuits, says to replace Air TEMP SENSOR, not pressure I don't get it. Need some help thanks
    What you do not get?
    Please explain in details what you do not understand.

Wire harness Connector number 4 at the MPEM pin number 1 to pin 2 you should measure 2.4 to 8.2 kilo ohms, from pin number 9 to pin number 2 you should measure3.4 to 8.2 kilo ohms.

If you measure 0 ohms then check the air pressure sensor connector for corrosion or may be disconnected.

+1
    MPEM connector 4, ohm from end to unplugged sensor end all three wires are good. Plug sensor back in put ohm meter across pins 1-2 on connector got no reading like you and the book says 2.4-8.2. Meter never moved had two different meter on it. Went direct to APS unplugged again tested right on sensor still no reading. Making me screwy lol.

MPEM connector 4, ohm from end to unplugged sensor end all three wires are good. Plug sensor back in put ohm meter across pins 1-2 on connector got no reading like you and the book says 2.4-8.2. Meter never moved had two different meter on it. Went direct to APS unplugged again tested right on sensor still no reading. Making me screwy lol.
    Then you sensor is bad replace it, the connection inside the sensor is broken

+1
    Think that's best no eBay ones going get new OEM. Don't mind throwing parts at it would like to be sure I got it. Thanks man

+1
    Bought new APS $190 from dealer however fixed the light problem

+1
    Damn I have a few of those laying around I would sell for $50 if anybody needs one.

Thread Information