Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

+1

Question Adding Cruise Control to New RXTX 300?

My first jetski was a 2009 Seadoo RXTX 255iS. It was pretty amazing and had everything on it. Then I switched to a Kawasaki 300 for years and now i am back to a 2017 Seadoo RXTX 300. I realized that the cruise control is gone along with the no wake mode which is ridiculous foe a high end jetski with this price tag. Cruise mode is especially useful for long rides where you just want to hold the throttle all the way down without going too fast. No wake mode is very useful for in dock travelling.

I heard I can get the cruise control module with PN: 295 100 455 but is it still available? Can someone pls give me some advise. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2432.PNG 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	415644  

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast View Post
    My first jetski was a 2009 Seadoo RXTX 255iS. It was pretty amazing and had everything on it. Then I switched to a Kawasaki 300 for years and now i am back to a 2017 Seadoo RXTX 300. I realized that the cruise control is gone along with the no wake mode which is ridiculous foe a high end jetski with this price tag. Cruise mode is especially useful for long rides where you just want to hold the throttle all the way down without going too fast. No wake mode is very useful for in dock travelling.

I heard I can get the cruise control module with PN: 295 100 455 but is it still available? Can someone pls give me some advise. Thanks!
    The cruise control add on you referenced was available until ~2013/14 if I recall correctly. It was discontinued at that point and has not been superseded.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    The cruise control add on you referenced was available until ~2013/14 if I recall correctly. It was discontinued at that point and has not been superseded.
    This is very frustrsting. The cruise control function should be standard as it doesn't require any hardware(besides the button). So the only solution is to find that part used? I don't need ski mode

+1
    This is very frustrsting. The cruise control function should be standard as it doesn't require any hardware(besides the button). So the only solution is to find that part used? I don't need ski mode
    In addition to the button you would also install the actual cruise control "module" so there is more to it hardware wise. You'd also be interfacing with the gauge cluster and fuse box. I believe others have tried to procure the cruise module without luck, so if you can find one, make sure it is a complete kit as parts dont appear to be available.

+1
    Doesn't the GTX 300 have it? Maybe it can work with the RXT? RR

+1

You can always add a ski module. Works pretty similar and will run as low as 6 mph.

+1
    Hey so I just added ski mode and cruise control to my 2010 RXT-X last month, which everyone said couldn't be done even Sea Doo! At least not with their current kit. During this process I discovered how to add both to just about any ski post 2010, and assuming the quick search I did is accurate, I should be able to walk you through how to do it with yours.

Here is a post I started a while back when I was adding both to my ski, it should be helpful. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=ski+module

Anyways here is what I found out and how you can add it.

First the PN: 295 100 455 kit is definitely no longer available, don't bother looking. Not as a complete kit anyways, you are going to have to buy everything separate, but it can be done.

In order to add cruise control to any IBR ski you will 100% also have to install the little black SKI MODULE. It is impossible without it. There was never a special CRUISE MODULE or SKI/CRUISE MODULE, it has always been the exact same SKI MODULE. PERIOD!!!! Now over the years Sea Doo has put out different SKI MODE (MODE not MODULE) kits, and CRUISE/SKI MODE kits (ex: PN:295 100 455) but like I said they have all contained the EXACT same SKI MODULE, the only difference is how you have to wire it up. The reason for this is in that the fuse box configuration changed from 2010 to 2011 (and I believe that the 2011 configuration is still in use today). So the current SKI MODE kit which is currently being sold as PN: 295100432 will be the first thing you need.

Since I believe the current PN: 295100432 SKI MODE kit is designed to be computable with your 300, it should have all the necessary fuses, cables, jumpers and instructions needed to wire it up. Double check to be sure. However, if you already have either a SCOM or any of the other Sea Doo accessory modules already installed, you literally just have to plug in the little black SKI MODULE into you diagnostic connector and SKI MODE will be activated.

Now if you want to take things a step further and install Cruise Control as well, all you have to do is order the correct button, connectors, seals, and either modify your current button cover to accept the cruise button or you can try and order one of the covers that has the hole drilled already, it should be available on another model ski. Once you have all the parts you run the 2 wires coming from the button through the steering column and then you will need to install them into the correct ports on the connector going into your gauge assembly. You will need someone to check a service manual for your year to see which are the correct ports, it should be under the section on how to replace the cruise control button. Once those two wires are installed and you have a SKI MODULE plugged in you will also have CRUISE CONTROL.

BTW: I'm sorry if that was kind of hard to follow. Just imagine how hard it was for me to figure all that out...

I would be happy to help and further explain how to do this if anyone is really interested.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    Hey so I just added ski mode and cruise control to my 2010 RXT-X last month, which everyone said couldn't be done even Sea Doo! At least not with their current kit. During this process I discovered how to add both to just about any ski post 2010, and assuming the quick search I did is accurate, I should be able to walk you through how to do it with yours.

Here is a post I started a while back when I was adding both to my ski, it should be helpful. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=ski+module

Anyways here is what I found out and how you can add it.

First the PN: 295 100 455 kit is definitely no longer available, don't bother looking. Not as a complete kit anyways, you are going to have to buy everything separate, but it can be done.

In order to add cruise control to any IBR ski you will 100% also have to install the little black SKI MODULE. It is impossible without it. There was never a special CRUISE MODULE or SKI/CRUISE MODULE, it has always been the exact same SKI MODULE. PERIOD!!!! Now over the years Sea Doo has put out different SKI MODE (MODE not MODULE) kits, and CRUISE/SKI MODE kits (ex: PN:295 100 455) but like I said they have all contained the EXACT same SKI MODULE, the only difference is how you have to wire it up. The reason for this is in that the fuse box configuration changed from 2010 to 2011 (and I believe that the 2011 configuration is still in use today). So the current SKI MODE kit which is currently being sold as PN: 295100432 will be the first thing you need.

Since I believe the current PN: 295100432 SKI MODE kit is designed to be computable with your 300, it should have all the necessary fuses, cables, jumpers and instructions needed to wire it up. Double check to be sure. However, if you already have either a SCOM or any of the other Sea Doo accessory modules already installed, you literally just have to plug in the little black SKI MODULE into you diagnostic connector and SKI MODE will be activated.

Now if you want to take things a step further and install Cruise Control as well, all you have to do is order the correct button, connectors, seals, and either modify your current button cover to accept the cruise button or you can try and order one of the covers that has the hole drilled already, it should be available on another model ski. Once you have all the parts you run the 2 wires coming from the button through the steering column and then you will need to install them into the correct ports on the connector going into your gauge assembly. You will need someone to check a service manual for your year to see which are the correct ports, it should be under the section on how to replace the cruise control button. Once those two wires are installed and you have a SKI MODULE plugged in you will also have CRUISE CONTROL.

BTW: I'm sorry if that was kind of hard to follow. Just imagine how hard it was for me to figure all that out...

I would be happy to help and further explain how to do this if anyone is really interested.
    For anyone interested in doing this I installed a cruise on my PX back when they were available. I used the silver cover but the kit came with both the silver and black. I therefore have a black cover with cruise cutout sitting in my basement. If anyone wants it, it's theirs for the cost of shipping. I'm in Canada, so probably only makes sense to ship within Canada.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Put it in ECO mode and just hold it WFO, semi-cruise control

12. +1 by:

JPR

+1
    Are there even any other skis that come with a silver cover with the cruise hole actually cut out? I though I ordered one but it turned out to be the black one, at that point I just decided to modify my existing cover, if you have ever used a Dremel. you can hand it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information