+1

Does anyone else's RXT-X(rxt) 260 seem bow heavy?

Hey,

Just curious, but does anyone else's RXT-X or RXT 260 seem to be kind of bow heavy? The nose of my ski seems to always submarine whenever I am idling in any kind of chop. This wouldn't normally bother me but the seal on my steering colum leaks, and my intake is right below it. It also feels really bow heavy whenever I try to launch it off a wave/wake causing me to land rather hard, this could just be bad technique though.

+1
    Is your VTS all the way down? I actually had to adjust mine to neutral, as mine was trying to move forward whenever I started it-mine was a tick down from all the way up. Makes it tough to pull that last rope off the post. Adjust it all the way up, and see if that makes a difference. As far as bow-heavy, I never really thought that, but these things are quite heavy as a whole.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
    Is your VTS all the way down? I actually had to adjust mine to neutral, as mine was trying to move forward whenever I started mine. Makes it tough to pull that last rope off the post. Adjust it all the way up, and see if that makes a difference. As far as bow-heavy, I never really thought that, but these things are quite heavy as a whole.
    Way to revive an old thread I never got a response to. lol

It definitely wasn't the VTS, I mean having it all the way down at idle did make it worse but even with the VTS all the way up, it stilled seemed bow heavy at idle. As far as adjusting the VTS position at neutral, that would have no effect on the trim when the gate is up. But I have had to adjust it in the past to prevent movement while in neutral, but not very often.

I'm pretty sure my bow felt so heavy because I was always carrying too much crap up front, tools, anchor, drinks, ect. But I did just do a full pump/rideplate alignment and I shimmed everything to allow me to trim the bow up a little more than it could before. Just waiting on my race head and we will see if it worked.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    Way to revive an old thread I never got a response to. lol

It definitely wasn't the VTS, I mean having it all the way down at idle did make it worse but even with the VTS all the way up, it stilled seemed bow heavy at idle. As far as adjusting the VTS position at neutral, that would have no effect on the trim when the gate is up. But I have had to adjust it in the past to prevent movement while in neutral, but not very often.
    Whoops, sorry, didn't even look at the date. I wasn't saying to adjust it in neutral-you CAN, but it won't take effect til you put it in forward. I meant neutral TRIM. (mid-position) It's just what I had to do, since the dealer had it nearly all the way up. I haven't done the pre-programmed modes. Still feeling around this ski. I have only the fire extinguisher in the bow and anchor in the compartment, but it's a sand bag type, so it weighs nothing.

+1
    2010 has also a long low shaped fuel tank which is more to the front. From 2011 and up the fuel tank is more square and shorter.

Maybe it influences the behaviour of ski compared to other models?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN81 View Post
    2010 has also a long low shaped fuel tank which is more to the front. From 2011 and up the fuel tank is more square and shorter.

Maybe it influences the behaviour of ski compared to other models?
    This is deffinately the reason!! I didn't realize they changed the fuel tank. That could be a considerable amount of weight. I would deffinately say it influences the behavior of the ski, the nose sits lower and is annoying in chopy no wake zones. I think it may also be affecting the way the ski jumps. I have to be super carefully when jumping or I end up flopping it really hard. Then again that could just be my technique. I haven't quite mastered flying yet. Lol

Thread Information