Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrillefrenchy View Post
    I have seen and fixed a few ibr problems, most common problem was corroded pins at the ibr motor or at the 24 way plug located under handlebar .these pins have to be shiny clean bare metal n both sides of the plug, any kind of coating or very light corrosion will make resistance in wiring and code will be thrown. Cleaning all bus bars in fuse box will help too, many skis have corroded bus bars.Next would be reverse gate and arch going over the jetpump being stiff, corrosion grow between aluminum housing and plastic bushing and squizz the little spacer, that spacer has to be free and no play in the bushings, all of em, then the 4 little white round friction sleeves to be worn out and having a flat side.
    all these components have to be in perfect condition otherwise ibr wont work. fixing all these things are cheap and could be a pain to do but it is cheaper than replacing ibr unit. early 09 - 10 -11 are known for failing a lot, much less on newer models.if you guys have defective ibr units and have no use for it i will buy em from you for parts and pay shipping.
    i remember the old days when there was no ibr and no reverse, we used to park skis parallel to the docks gently without crashing.
    Would you mind helping me with mine?

Seems as though my IBR works out of the water but not in it. I'm stuck in forward while in the water. If I am out, I can engage F, N and Reverse....

My buddy sucked up a rock and some grass. We got it all out but still get iBR light and error code of "Bilge Pump shorted to 12V."

In short, iBR works out of the water, but when its in I get an error code....

+1
    what are exactly the codes? is there anymore than one?

sorry for resurrecting, did you find the issue? one thought was if the bilge pump is shorted and it's referencing the pump for the exhaust cooling water pump then that water has to flow through the ibr for cooling, and when on the trailer we don't run more than 90 seconds, and are flushing from the exhaust and not sucking up water into the main pump from the surroundings which could be clogged? shot in the dark, dealing with ibr on my ski and the dealership in miami isn't giving me a lot of confidence on their competence.

We fixed IBRs. I am an Electronic Engineer specializing in jetski equipment. We are here in Brazil and our whatsapp is 5581999898958.
    We fixed IBRs. I am an Electronic Engineer specializing in jetski equipment. We are here in Brazil and our whatsapp is 5581999898958.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ibr2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	455365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ibr1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	455366  
    Last edited by Alberto; 10-21-2019 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Wrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information