Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Well, show us how you have assembled the parts inside the thermostat housing. Only held together with two long bolts. Hold onto the housing while you remove the bolts.

Also confirm the main water feed hose coming from the jet pump is connected to the correct place on the engine. And conversely that the water exit hose from the thermostat is not connected to the jet pump.

You should be able to put your hand on the engine without burning your skin. Ten seconds is probably about as long as I would hold my hand on a full temperature Polaris engine. Circa 140F is the thermostat open threshold, so the engine tends to be around that temp or a tad higher.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have you tried another known good TPS on the throttle body? A bad TPS can cause several kinds of symptoms, uneven throttle response is possible.

+1
    You can check here for how the thermostat is assembled and the cooling hoses are routed.

I am back on the ski again trying to get it fixed.
    This summer I purchased a laptop with harness and digital wrench from a board member and ran the ski and looked at all the screens available to me and nothing gave me a clear clue to what is wrong with the ski.
    I could not however jumper the computer power on and use the software.
    The ski had to be running for digital wrench to recognize the emm as soon as it stopped running the emm would not be recognized.
    I was hoping digital wrench would have given me more data so that I could pin point the mysterious problem.
    I am thinking to send the emm out to be tested or buy another TPS and trying that again.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewk View Post
    I am back on the ski again trying to get it fixed.
    This summer I purchased a laptop with harness and digital wrench from a board member and ran the ski and looked at all the screens available to me and nothing gave me a clear clue to what is wrong with the ski.
    I could not however jumper the computer power on and use the software.
    The ski had to be running for digital wrench to recognize the emm as soon as it stopped running the emm would not be recognized.
    I was hoping digital wrench would have given me more data so that I could pin point the mysterious problem.
    I am thinking to send the emm out to be tested or buy another TPS and trying that again.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    To utilize Digital Wrench (DW) without the engine running, you must disconnect the EMM power board output plug and install a bypass plug or jumper across two pins of the plug (wiring harness plug---not the EMM receptacle). This loops battery 12vdc on to the 45vdc supply line, which is what powers the EMM, ignition coils and fuel injectors. See this thread, post #2.

+1
    Have you or can you connect a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure when it hesitates/dies? It should be a consistent 25psi.

+1
    I just re-read the thread. What was the outcome of the low, 3.7 volts, white/red power bus wire voltage reading? It sounded like you were on to the issue there. Based on your EMM checks and Harris' reported OK check, your down to the stator and/or flywheel magnets. I know you stated it has a new stator--but that is no guarantee. Did you replace the stator or someone else?

Thanks for the quick response. I did jumper the plug and it did not power up the emm this time. The battery was fully charged in good condition. I did not recently check the fuel pressure. I have checked it in the past and it was a consistent 25 psi.
    Someone else with special tools installed the stator in the ski.
    Thanks
    Andrew

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewk View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I did jumper the plug and it did not power up the emm this time. The battery was fully charged in good condition. I did not recently check the fuel pressure. I have checked it in the past and it was a consistent 25 psi.
    Someone else with special tools installed the stator in the ski.
    Thanks
    Andrew
    Did you have the tether inserted? It, also, must be inserted for the EMM to power up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information