Ultra 150 Electrical Problem

Hey all, been a lurker for a while but I finally joined recently. I have a 2000 ultra 150 that I painted last weekend and was inspired by someone on here. Anyways...

heres the issue - I was getting everything buttoned up on the ski to go out and ride. I had the trickle charger hooked up to the battery and started the ski not thinking anything of it. I unplugged the charger and then as soon as I clipped the lanyard onto the bars the starter would automatically start cranking the engine. Turned off main power, disconnect battery and tried again, same exact thing would happen but now my display wasn't lighting up.

Took apart the kill/power switch on the handle bars and everything looked fine. Now no controls on the bars work, can't even get it to turn over and still a blank display.

Does anyone have any leads? I'm so frustrated that leaving the trickle charger hooked could cause such a big issue. I also check both reset buttons, still nothing. Any help greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5005.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	415057  

The trickle charger is not your issue, have you checked all the connections for corrosion? Unfortunately i do not have a wiring diagram for a 00

Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    The trickle charger is not your issue, have you checked all the connections for corrosion? Unfortunately i do not have a wiring diagram for a 00
    Everything has always worked perfect up until this happened with the trickle charger. I think the trickle charger must have thrown too many amps or something through the ski when I went to start it. Battery terminals look fine, checked major ground on the engine, looks all good. A wiring diagram would help a lot. Having a tough time finding one

Pull connectors apart and check for corrosion. I have all my skis on chargers and never had an issue. The only thing i could see a battery charger possibly damaging is your recitifier that would not cause issues at hand. Bypass your orange on off switch or take it apart and check contacts.

Went through and re-unplugged everything that was disconnected prior to painting, then carefully make sure everything was plugged back in correctly and what do you know the ski fired up fine. Nothing looked out of the ordinary either...

Must have been something stupid, what a relief, can finally hit the water.

Clean the connectors with contact cleaner. Alittle di electric grease. Im sure you had a bad connection.

We could of used the info everything was apart for paint.

Thread Information