Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post

Also, if you were doing it all over again, would you go with that same exit “TH Marine TH1890T Livewell Drain 1 1/8 In Low”?

https://www.amazon.com/Marine-TH1890...cm_wl_huc_item

I gotta be honest - I cannot figure out the heck y’all get down into the tight spaces inside these hulls!!!!!!

Maybe once I get a lower sitting pwc dolly slapped together it’ll make things a bit easier (fingers crossed!)

I almost never work on the ski with it on a trailer. The trailer fenders and frame get in the way, make me lean over at weird(er) angles and chew up my shins.

My shop carts are the Aquacart AQ-19 model with six inch casters, so very similar bunk height to my Triton WC2-2 trailer bunks.

Before I installed the bilge pump I removed the GP1800 exhaust resonators. This opens up some elbow room. I also removed the seat support base (five bolts+washers+nuts). Do NOT drop the washers or nuts into the hull

I had previously relocated the flush fitting from the mid-wall and put it behind the seat opening. That allowed me to remove the metal bracket for the flush fitting, which tended to catch my arms while working down in there.

The place I put the bilge exit fitting, a straight through fitting made the bilge hose interfere with the resonators. So I looked for a right angle fitting that had a tight bend, so the bilge hose could stay tucked near the upper hull side area. The TH1890T was the only fitting I could find with the correct ID and a tight 90 angle. The threads on the exit side I did not need, but I had limited choice. If you can find a better fitting, let me know.

I may install a threaded exit fitting to smooth the water stream. It ‘works’ as it is now, but I wouldn’t mind a bit more ‘throw’.

If I was doing it again I would try to angle the exit fitting a bit more towards the rear. Just enough to dribble onto the rear deck rather than into the footwell. But I want the exit flow to be easily visible with just a turn of my head while riding at speed.

My older ski had the bilge exit pointing straight out the back and I did not like that. I could not easily tell if it was pumping unless I turned myself completely around on the seat and leaned over the back, so I would not notice it was pumping unless I happened to stop riding and heard the sound of water flowing out.

Whale Supersub SS1212 bilge pump in Yamaha GP1800

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    This is the best deal I found on the pump and where I bought mine

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Whale-S.../whass1212.htm

Here is my exit fitting if you want something a little prettier

https://adaracing.com/personal-water...-outlet-large/

Thank YOU, Senor GP1800 !!!! (I actually have an account with Hodges (they had everything I needed to do the PM on the wifeys Merc 150 4-stroke!!!). You’da man!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Outboardjohn View Post
    Where are you located Thor, if your SoCal I could help you get a bilge in there. I'm a wirey old dood, if your not local maybe another svelt member would be willing to dive in there for ya.
    Hi, OutboardJohn! SoCal, me? Oh man, don’t I WISH! I’m in Western North Carolina - ‘bout an hour East of Asheville and just minutes West of Hickory - the Foothills to the Great Smokey Mountains. Kinda ironic cuz, as long as I am moving the pain don’t get to me too bad. Set me still for more than 30-mins and things start gettin real uncomfortable, real quick. I typically get 3-4 hours sleep a night - that’s sittin up, I haven’t slept laying down in over 6 years! Nobody to blame but myself. Lived the life of Riley growin’ up and now I’m a-payin’ fer it, that’s fer sure!

+1
    Thanks and, who knows, perhaps there is an Aquacart in my future someday, after all (he-he!)

Man, that video of your Whale pumping out your hull is pure motivation to get this mod DONE!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    This is the best deal I found on the pump and where I bought mine

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Whale-S.../whass1212.htm

Here is my exit fitting if you want something a little prettier

https://adaracing.com/personal-water...-outlet-large/
    bought my chartplotter from hodges, best price and super fast shipping. they will email bomb you, but its worth it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    bought my chartplotter from hodges, best price and super fast shipping. they will email bomb you, but its worth it.
    Agree! I ordered two of those bilge pumps very late last night and, as usual, the Hodges site was hitting on all cylinders. Somehow, after ordering parts for the wife’s boat last Fall, I was able to duck, dodge and roll the “after contacts” in a relatively short amount of time but, as you point out, it was a minor inconvenience well-l-l-l worth it for their prices and shipping!

(Omaha Steaks on the other hand, we will NEVER kick that sleeping dog-tiger-dragon- mailer monster EVER again; made the mistake of sending a bunch of friends Omaha Steaks as gifts once and our mail carrier paid for that, for years!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information