Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Any advantages to dedicated intercooler dump???

Hey,

Are there any advantages to setting up a dedicated dump for the intercooler rather than having it tie back into the oem lines? I have the Fizzle F1000 intercooler, but I imagine this would apply to any intercooler.

+1
    On my PX I swapped the OEM cooler that did not have a bleed for a IC that has a bleed and I ran a dedicated dump to relieve pressure.

+1
    Depends how you install it. Too large a pisser fitting outlet will allow too much water to flow through the IC, reducing the effectiveness of the IC cooling the SC/Turbo air. Stick with standard fittings and it will work as designed.

One advantage to an external pisser is visual confirmation that you are flowing water through the IC.

Performance wise it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Depends how you install it. Too large a pisser fitting outlet will allow too much water to flow through the IC, reducing the effectiveness of the IC cooling the SC/Turbo air. Stick with standard fittings and it will work as designed.

One advantage to an external pisser is visual confirmation that you are flowing water through the IC.

Performance wise it doesn't matter.
    Jpt your so on board! Im fixing this with keeping back pressure on cooling systen is actually improving things. Holding water in to help absorb heat. Last weeks race with 9mm socket restrictor kept us alive., funny video of us out front and commentary of fellow racer screaming that's my 9 mm socket.

+1
    If im reading this right you are not talking about a pisser but a dedicated dump for the water coming out of the ICer correct???If so then IMO yes it can help....By letting the water collect the heat and be dumped right away lets colder water back in sooner than waiting for it to pass through the entire exhaust system backing up do to the 3 little pisser holes in the j-pipe..BUT then again this is just my opinion and have no hard evidence to back it...

NOW if your talking about running a pisser,Then JT is correct.....You dont want to dump alot,just enough to allow air pockets to fill and be able to see water is indeed flowing through your ICer..

Great conversation guys! Water pressure regulation seems to be key to these mtts! In late 90's we spent tons of racing hours figuring 787 SD Factory Pipe water routing. Im so listening for magic formula on 4tec. Heat soaking is pissin me off! Lol

Jkmike... backing up a moment. What you hoping to resolve or fix?

+1
    Snowman, your correct, I was talking about adding a dedicated dump with a valve to regulate the flow not a pisser.

Seadoodoc, I'm not really trying to resolve or fix anything, my current fizzle f1000 works great, I was just wondering if I could squeeze any more cooling out of it by regulating the flow of water through it.

Right now I usually see intake air temps that ate about 10 to 16 deg F above ambient. That's with water temps in high 70s and air high 80s.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    Snowman, your correct, I was talking about adding a dedicated dump with a valve to regulate the flow not a pisser.
    From what i have been told, YOU want to run no more than 14/15 PSI of water pressure through the ICers....This gives the water time to remove heat and still have a decent flow..I run a seperate dump line like you are talking about....BUT I havent measured IATs...I just ride the fucker..lol..Maybe some day i should..lol

+1
    Yea my data logger reads the intake air temps so that would be easy for me to monitor, I would have to add some sort of gauge for the pressure though.

Snowman, how do you go about flushing you intercooler? On my rxt-x I flush everything through the oem dump, so I would have to basically hook up 2 hoses to flush the ski.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information