Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1

Looking for new ramps to use near f-cove / in the metedeconk river

For the OP or anyone who's not familiar with Barnagat Bay that wants to hang @ F cove and up to the Metedeconk what to expect , might be other hidden free launches that I or others are not familiar with ... and yeah forget about Brick Muni!! Fuck em

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Other than the pt Pleasant Bay ave freebee that was mentioned there's only 1 or 2 logical choices if you want to be around F cove and Metedeconk river and that's Drum point marina or Chadwick beach marina ($20) . The Pine beach launch or any other free launch like in Bayville ( sloop creek Rd)wouldn't make sense here's why...

Those 2 launches Pine beach and Bayville are 9-10 nautical miles south from the Manotoking br and F cove is right there and a little farther up is the Metedeconk,that's minimum 20 miles round trip and gonna take you 30 -40 mins depending how fast you ride but can guarantee it's a rough ride and gotta slow down under the Seaside br but do the math ... @ 20 miles at let's say round off @ 3$ a gallon and let's say your ski does 5 miles a gallon so that's $12 just to get F Cove/ Metedeconk and 30-40 mins of a very rough ride if it's late in the day ..

Drum Point and Chatwick are only 2-3 miles to F Cove/ Metedeconk with ample parking , gas and security , best to just pay the $20 and piece of mind
    that would be too far. but yes asked another question in the thread , if i wanted to launch close to my boys house where i have ridden to f cove and its like 12-14 mins or so

Quote Originally Posted by CJ River Rider View Post
    I was answering 6spdg37s's question about ramps just north of Rt 37, not about F-Cove/Metedeconk.
    thanks appreciate it !

the gilford park yacht club ramp is closest to my boys house by driving distance and riding distance so if im gonna go chill with him ill go in there... can still ride out to f-cove and plus tices is close

+1
    Just wanted to add on here. Launched from Townsend Marina on Fork River on 7/3. Nice little marina. They are closed on Mondays, but its $5 in $5 out. Not really any clear parking, but I spoke with the guy who lived upstairs and he basically said as long as I was out of the way I was good to go.

It was a pretty long ride to the bay (10min or so) all no wake which is always a bitch on 2 strokes due to vibration and smoke (premixed). Had my temp sensor clog on my stx and I needed to put all the way back to the marina to pull the ski from the water so I could bypass the sensor for the day. Other than that, it was a great day. I'd launch from here again, no questions asked.

+1
    If you are going there, why not use the free one on Oyster Creek in Waretown (Dock Ave.) Big parking lot with a dock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ River Rider View Post
    If you are going there, why not use the free one on Oyster Creek in Waretown (Dock Ave.) Big parking lot with a dock.
    Well damn. Didn't know about that one. I'll be hitting that one up next time I'm in the area.

+1
    east dover marine and cody marine are right by your buddies house

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information