Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1

Prescription Water Sport Goggles

Looking for a recommendation for jetski goggles. I have contacts now but now that I'm older, dry eye has become a problem and my contacts hurt when I jetski. Well, actually they bother me at other times too. I tried goggles over my glasses and that doesn't work well because of the jolting rides. They shift around. Plus they look awful. So, was thinking about a prescription goggle. I currently use JetTribe goggles and love them. I have used a lot of goggles in the past and hated all of them until I found the JetTribe. I don't want big fat ugly snow ski like goggles. Has anyone found a prescription goggle they like that does not fog up??

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    SeaSpecs offers prescription lens.

I have the Classic SeaSpecs, but had my own prescription lens installed locally.

I have multiple SeaSpecs without prescription. Always good to have spares on hand for passengers, and offer to other riders who forget or lose their own.

Not expensive, fit well, ventilation, no fogging issues, comfortable for long rides,
    Last edited by K447; 05-27-2017 at 08:58 PM.

+1
    Barz watersports goggles from Australia. You can find them on Ebay or other sites much less expensive. They offer prescription lenses. The gaskets with the holes work best. I've only had them fog once while on the water . Expensive but well worth it.

http://apocalypseequipped.blogspot.c...escrption.html

+1
    Liberty Sport Glasses. Been using for years with a prescription.

If you use eye glasses,i just recommend to use RX Goggles insert and use normal goggles.
    Its will be more comfortable for you. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1473.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	418776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1474.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	418777
    This is the best way for me,because i use this set up all the times.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    SeaSpecs offers prescription lens.

I have the Classic SeaSpecs, but had my own prescription lens installed locally.

I have multiple SeaSpecs without prescription. Always good to have spares on hand for passengers, and offer to other riders who forget or lose their own.

Not expensive, fit well, ventilation, no fogging issues, comfortable for long rides,

Understanding you are in Canada... but I wanted to ask how did you go about finding a local lens-crafter to retrofit your SeaSpecs frames? FWIW, I am in Florida, considering on-water prescription eye-ware, my prescription is light. Several years now I have been happily using SeaSpecs as normal sun glasses, as I do like their fit and frames, yet I feel it's due time to add my prescription. My options are to submit my script to SeaSpecs for a new pair(s), or do as you did and find a local shop to craft custom lenses for my existing frames. Any advise would be very welcomed in this regard??

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Understanding you are in Canada... but I wanted to ask how did you go about finding a local lens-crafter to retrofit your SeaSpecs frames?

... I am in Florida, considering on-water prescription eye-ware, my prescription is light. Several years now I have been happily using SeaSpecs as normal sun glasses, as I do like their fit and frames, yet I feel it's due time to add my prescription. My options are to submit my script to SeaSpecs for a new pair(s), or do as you did and find a local shop to craft custom lenses for my existing frames. Any advise would be very welcomed in this regard??
    I used an independent eye practitioner who sent the frames away with the lens order.

If I was to do it again I would probably let SeaSpec do the prescription lens directly.

The tricky part (less so with a very mild prescription) is to ensure that the optical center of the fitted lens properly aligns with your eyeball pupil axis when you wear the glasses. In my case the factory SeaSpec glasses had clear lens mounted from SeaSpecs. The eye doctor placed small sharpie dots on each lens marking where the optical center needed to be.

First effort turned out to be off the mark. I had to hold my head up too high while riding to see straight through the optical center. I ride standing up with legs flexed, so my upper body has a forward lean. Turns out when I ride my head is angled downwards slightly, not the same angle as when seated in the eyewear office chair. They redid the optical center marking (with me simulating a riding stance) and made another set of prescription lenses, now they work well for me.

That said, I take them off when walking around, as the optical center is higher than ‘normal’ prescription glasses.

8. +1 by:

+1
    That is very sound-advice - many thanks !!
    The importance of optical-center is indeed very important, aka distance between pupils I have once had miss the mark, and as a result I felt the cross-eyed strain when both putting them on an take off - not fun. Yet I had never thought about head angles - I too would have my head tilted down somewhat while riding.
    FWIW, my correction is for a mild astigmatism, so I will confer with my eye doctor if these lens types are heavily influenced by these factors and frames. I guess one school-of-thought could be to apply a very small sticker "dot" onto each of my existing SeaSpecs and go out for a ride ... adjusting the two stickers until they both are perfectly centered within my preferred field-of-view. Then ship these to SeaSpecs as a point of reference - just thinking out loud.

Thread Information