Opinions on a "1200 Roller Ramp"

Anyone have an opinion on this roller ramp setup? It uses the "Multinautic 34110" wheels. For budget reasons, I'm not looking to build with the better (yet more costly) wobble wheels (Multinautic 34111).

This would be used for my ~750 lb Sea Doo GTR 215.

My only concern is how much pressure is put on the hull directly where the wheels sit? Or maybe the weight is evenly spread out enough?

Again, I know there is better setups but trying to keep cost to a minimum. I decide to build, I'm going to just buy the wheels and get hardware (at Lowes) & hand winch online.

http://www.essentialhardware.com/mul...9XzBoChCHw_wcB

+1
    I would just cover the wood with outdoor carpet and spray it 1-2 times per year with liquid rollers by Marykate and not use rollers. Rollers have been known to spider crack gel coat. That stuff is so slippery, and your hull will be supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1 View Post
    I would just cover the wood with outdoor carpet and spray it 1-2 times per year with liquid rollers by Marykate and not use rollers. Rollers have been known to spider crack gel coat. That stuff is so slippery, and your hull will be supported.

That's a great idea! Although It would add the build by needing bunk rails & brackets. A little more weight but probably less costly vs buying all the rollers. I did think about this once but I knew how hard cranking my ski onto trailer when I didn't have trailer in deep enough. If the "liquid rollers" fixes that, then that option is back on the table.

still wonder about my original question...the effect of having 4-6 wheels pushing on the hull.

+1
    we move skis on and off our trailers (2 place to 4 place) on flat ground all the time, no worries. The liquid rollers will make your ski slide off the trailer with no effort.

Just finished! I'm pretty happy with it. Only about $150 total and about 10 hrs labor.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1430.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	414211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1423.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	414212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1419.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	414213  

How'd it work in use?

Just curious how the bunks worked out in practice? I'm debating the same question of rollers or carpet but wonder how hard it'll be to get on/off when dry after sitting for a few days. Thanks for sharing your build!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JepHreal View Post
    ... carpet but wonder how hard it'll be to get on/off when dry after sitting for a few days? ...
    Liquid Rollers bunk spray, sold under the MariKate brand, is a dry silicone lubricant that really reduces bunk carpet friction. I use it on my trailer bunks.

Alternates include putting hard plastic glides on top of the bunks. I prefer the soft bunk carpet against the bottom hull surfaces, I had wear when I tried the plastic glides a few years ago.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Liquid Rollers bunk spray, sold under the MariKate brand, is a dry silicone lubricant that really reduces bunk carpet friction. I use it on my trailer bunks.

Alternates include putting hard plastic glides on top of the bunks. I prefer the soft bunk carpet against the bottom hull surfaces, I had wear when I tried the plastic glides a few years ago.
    My single trailer that i got with my EX has plastic bunk slides and they scratched the hell out of my EX. For sure go with the carpet.

You could space like those paint roller thingies ever so far and it would be a lot easier to roll up or winch unless i'm missing something here lol.

Thread Information