Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Help do I need aftermarket cooling kit!!???

Was just wondering if any of you pwc enthusiast could advise me on if I really need to install the Riva engine cooling upgrade kit with the billet pump strainer anoid fittings derect cooling lines etc with just a stage 1 tune meaning the 13/18 impeller intake grate ride plate cold air intake ribbon delete ???? Also is the worx grate and Riva ride plate a good combo if not which is can a longer ride plate improve rough water stability without sacrificing flat water handling?? Im only looking to go 80+ mph is that enough to warrant the cooling kit is this necessary to avoid getting my svho engine to hot????

Do you need it on a stock ski Probably not, does it hurt to have it absolutely not, there isn't a thing as too much cooling
    Just saw you moding the ski can't answer your other question but I would change the cooling system with mods

Midlothian Virginia USA ~ On the James River~
    +1

Midlothian Virginia USA ~ On the James River~
    +1
    [QUOTE=Dbarge761fzs;2851888]Was just wondering if any of you pwc enthusiast could advise me on if I really need to install the Riva engine cooling upgrade kit with the billet pump strainer anoid fittings derect cooling lines etc with just a stage 1 tune meaning the 13/18 impeller intake grate ride plate cold air intake ribbon delete ???? Also is the worx grate and Riva ride plate a good combo if not which is can a longer ride plate improve rough water stability without sacrificing flat water handling?? Im only looking to go 80+ mph is that enough to warrant the cooling kit is this necessary to avoid getting my svho engine to hot????[/QUOTE.

+1
    What temps will you be riding in? How many RPM will you be turning? If you're staying with a stage 1 tune and not turning any crazy RPM then I'd leave it alone.

6. +1 by:

+1
    When my fz was stage 1 i didnt do any cooling mods and it was absolutely fine. Im in jersey though so its not really hot here. Once i went to an intercooler i did the pro cooling kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock918 View Post
    What temps will you be riding in? How many RPM will you be turning? If you're staying with a stage 1 tune and not turning any crazy RPM then I'd leave it alone.
    I'm not exactly sure on the rpm I think in the low 8000 range whatever it takes to get 80-81 mph with the map tunner x and 13/18 impeller temp wise I live in Northeast Ohio it gets into the upper 80s during the summer months

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbarge761fzs View Post
    I'm not exactly sure on the rpm I think in the low 8000 range whatever it takes to get 80-81 mph with the map tunner x and 13/18 impeller temp wise I live in Northeast Ohio it gets into the upper 80s during the summer months
    I'd leave it stock.

I would run a dedicated line to the IC. Unless you are increasing the boost, RPM's, etc. I would not add more cooling to the engine. If it runs too cool then you have to worry about Gas in Oil.

11. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by expedition View Post
    I would run a dedicated line to the IC. Unless you are increasing the boost, RPM's, etc. I would not add more cooling to the engine. If it runs too cool then you have to worry about Gas in Oil.
    Would or would not run a dedicated line to the intercooler??? With stage 1 tune and supporting mods

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information