Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 261
  1. #71
    95.4mph FZR FZeeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,038
    +1
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacobra View Post
    oh how i wish that were true
    Whats your guess on ET23 at 9500+? Since it makes 23psi at 8500...I mean my boost gauge will tell me in the morning but what's your guess? Well my limiter is 9500 now so it'll be interesting to see what it makes. I'm predicting I will have to raise the limiter a bit higher.

  2. #72
    Chupacobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,412
    +1
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by FZeeR View Post
    Whats your guess on ET23 at 9500+? Since it makes 23psi at 8500...I mean my boost gauge will tell me in the morning but what's your guess?
    I played with one a while ago but cannot remember. on a R&D 24lbs wheel i made 28lbs at 9800 with stock cams/valves and bore size.

  3. #73
    95.4mph FZR FZeeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,038
    +1
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacobra View Post
    I played with one a while ago but cannot remember. on a R&D 24lbs wheel i made 28lbs at 9800 with stock cams/valves and bore size.
    Nice man well I was thinking mid to high 20's psi... I'll know more in the morning.

  4. #74
    blackvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    west palm beach
    Posts
    520
    +1
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by FZeeR View Post
    Nice man well I was thinking mid to high 20's psi... I'll know more in the morning.
    23 only makes 23 no matter what rpm. the 56 mm inlet of the housing prevents it from making more. BTW it will not make 23 psi (manifold pressure) until 9k+ rpm.


  5. #75
    95.4mph FZR FZeeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,038
    +1
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvr View Post
    23 only makes 23 no matter what rpm. the 56 mm inlet of the housing prevents it from making more. BTW it will not make 23 psi (manifold pressure) until 9k+ rpm.
    So Riva is lying when they say it makes 23 at 8500rpm...And you're saying it rises to 23 at 9k and peaks even with rpm rising way past that...I don't think so my man...But my gauge will tell me the true story in the morning...

  6. #76

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    4,043
    +1
    598

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by FZeeR View Post
    So Riva is lying when they say it makes 23 at 8500rpm...And you're saying it rises to 23 at 9k and peaks even with rpm rising way past that...I don't think so my man...But my gauge will tell me the true story in the morning...
    FZeeR, You are arguing with a man (blackvr) who knows more about superchargers, turbos and tuning than you will ever know I suggest you tread lightly my friend. Tommy Jordan
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 05-28-2017 at 07:29 AM.


  7. #77
    95.4mph FZR FZeeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,038
    +1
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    FZeeR, You are arguing with a man (blackvr) who knows more about superchargers, turbos and tuning than you will ever know I suggest you tread lightly my friend. Tommy Jordan
    Well it made 25psi and I know who it is I drove 8hrs to get my hull done by him. Thanks buddy

    I know more about finance then both of you will ever know so what's your point???

  8. #78
    95.4mph FZR FZeeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,038
    +1
    552
    So it's made 25psi afr dialed in pretty good WOT and the prop was untouched from the ET19 and blowing it off to 9520rpm (9500limiter) so time to change pitch. Oh and maybe stop posting for good since you can't debate the "gods" around here.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5657.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	413616  

  9. +1 by:


  10. #79
    95.4mph FZR FZeeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,038
    +1
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvr View Post
    23 only makes 23 no matter what rpm. the 56 mm inlet of the housing prevents it from making more. BTW it will not make 23 psi (manifold pressure) until 9k+ rpm.
    I doubted you but you're mainly right it took revving 1000rpm past the marketed 23psi at 8500rpm to get 1 - 2 psi more. I figured it would go way past 23 but not so.

  11. +1 by:


  12. #80
    Those manufacture ratings are likely taken at the compressor housing without intake restriction.Once the charger is in a hull where air volume is limited and an intercooler is plumbed in you will not see nearly that much manifold pressure at that engine speed.Advertised pressures coming in 250 to 500 rpms later is not uncommon at all

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What to pay: 2004 Yamaha FX HO? Plus some other questions.
    By vik912 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 03:24 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 06:19 PM
  3. new reman 951 silver going in got some questions
    By sleblanc in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 06:25 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 12:25 PM
  5. I am glad to see some of you going in a different direction
    By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •