Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Old Man and the Ski View Post
    Thanks for the detailed writeup!

I'm planning on doing the ribbon delete soon on a 16 VXR. Is this throttle body mount worth it for NA engine or only Supercharge? Thanks
    It's not needed on the naturally aspirated skis

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    When the stock throttle body mount leaks you will have reduced engine RPM and reduced performance
    Thanks, I get that, I'm wondering if all the stock throttle body mounts leak, and how do you tell that they are leaking? is there a burst of air that comes out under boost that you can check with smoke/soapy water or something like that?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speeder View Post
    Thanks, I get that, I'm wondering if all the stock throttle body mounts leak, and how do you tell that they are leaking? is there a burst of air that comes out under boost that you can check with smoke/soapy water or something like that?
    No, they don't all leak, but are very prone to failing at some point. You can tell they are leaking from reduced RPM and reduced performance.
    The throttle body mount is up under the intake manifold, you cannot see it. You will not be able to put soapy water on it and look for bubbles while riding the ski.

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    It's not needed on the naturally aspirated skis
    Thank you sir!

......never mind admin answered my question.

+1
    Great write up K447. Completed the ribbon delete and upgraded to the billet throttle body mount this weekend. It wasn't so bad with instructions like yours. Riva's on the other hand are virtually worthless. If it wasn't for people like yourself I might still be looking for a bolt (that doesn't exist) attached to the J pipe.

Great advice on the hand spinner ratchet as well, I didn't have one and spent more time trying every other tool I had on the throttle body hose clamp until I relented and ran out to buy one.

My only concern after reinstalling the intake and throttle body is the billet mount protrudes past the intake itself which also leaves the supplied paper/cardboard type gasket exposed. Thus any water, whether from hard riding or simply rinsing the engine after a ride will be free to soak the gasket and I assume will shorten it's lifespan. Anybody else share this concern?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	418987  
    Last edited by K447; 08-15-2017 at 10:07 AM.

+1
    The bolt for the j pipe is on the FX skis, the paper gasket is treated and should not soak up anything. Otherwise the fuel would get to it as the edge is open to the intake.

You could have used gasket maker and thrown away the paper gasket if the concern bothers you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superair View Post
    The bolt for the j pipe is on the FX skis, the paper gasket is treated and should not soak up anything. Otherwise the fuel would get to it as the edge is open to the intake.

You could have used gasket maker and thrown away the paper gasket if the concern bothers you.
    Actually this is on a FX SVHO. I think the bolt is on the J pipe on the older SHOs.
    That's great if it is treated, but didn't seem to be and appeared wet after rinsing engine. Don't quite understand how fuel would get anywhere near the throttle body/intake joint. I thought about a gasket maker, I guess I'll just see how the paper gasket holds up. Can anybody else chime in if the supplied gasket has held up for some time.

Is anybody out there that can help me with ribbon delete following the YouTube videos and this manifold doesn't just pop off seems like there's another bolt somewhere but I can't find it I got six bolts out and then the two bottom brackets

Sent from my SM-G930T using GreenHulk PWC Performance mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUCEWAYN View Post
    ... this manifold doesn't just pop off seems like there's another bolt somewhere but I can't find it I got six bolts out and then the two bottom brackets

Sent from my SM-G930T using GreenHulk PWC Performance mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    There are two nuts and two bolts across the top of intake manifold. And another four bolts tucked below.

Remove all eight. ...
    There are eight fasteners across the SVHO intake manifold plus the two support brackets below.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2873404

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information