Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

New sxr 1500 ... any experience ?

How many new sxr riders are here ?

+1

3. +1 by:

My buddy got 1 not sure why other then he can afford to have 1 and let every1 else ride it .. I put about 3 hours on it in 2 rides .. I have maybe 20 hours total time riding standups over the years 2 superjets and 1 older sxr .. all I can say is it's long and heavy and easy to fall off .. if u enjoy manhandling ur ski and ur an acrobatic rider .. the new sxr will be a bull u've never ridden b4 and will likely stomp ur ass .. now our other buddy has 2 25k dollar each carbon fiber custom stand ups .. he only has about 5 hours ride time logged on this ski .. he said and I quote .. it's obesity makes it difficult to push to the max due to its lack of predictability when cornering combined with its obscure long heavy hull .. I agree it's easy to fall off if ur not qualified to ride a bull and not certified to swim wearing a life vest .. all applicants must be extremely physically fit in order to endure the pain this beast offers .. make sure u have a loud whistle a flare gun a gps beacon and a full body harness in case u need to be air lifted oh and a good life insurance policy

edit .. 20 hours not 10
    Last edited by Ybnvs2; 05-15-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Think in terms of obesity .. it has different level's .. To clarify an old sxr was slim a superjet is bulky and the new sxr is obese and U'll realize it instantly .. if the new sxr turns on a dime so to speak .. ur gonna travel the equivalent of a dollar 67 .. 8mph winds 3 to 6 ft chop I traveled a low avg of 34 8 mph on ocean water heading out to the shoal about 4 miles and hit 42.7 max avg once hitting 46.2 and at a smooth 30 ur trucking along like ur on a canoe .. and of course ur sitting in the back of the canoe .. then u hit a small 4 foot buckle .. full throttle head on .. and it now transforms .. into a catapult .. and u go straight up in the air .. I dunno 25 30 feet not 10 not 20 and at this point .. ur in the water ur an experienced rider .. and u realize all 3 times u came off the ski .. u went straight up .. u couldn't hold on to it bcuz it's too heavy when it goes down .. forget about left or right .. u no the saying ?? it dropped like a box of rocks .. well how bout .. it drops like an sxr .. and Kawasaki only gave it 2 handle grips to hold onto .. and all that weight adds to ur speed being flicked off bcuz .. in stock form that huge deck lacks footholds .. and a seatbelt
    Last edited by Ybnvs2; 05-15-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Yes .. that's exactly why .. they are superhero's .. I'm a champion .. and u confirmed it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHC View Post
    Is that why they've done so well at the recent prowatercross races in the exact conditions you're speaking of? Those guys must be some sort of super heros OR you once again are trying to be the champion of long winded bizarre responses......
    Well, he is consistent, in a very "I should have taken my meds" kinda way.

+1
    Is that why they've done so well at the recent prowatercross races in the exact conditions you're speaking of? Those guys must be some sort of super heros OR you once again are trying to be the champion of long winded bizarre responses......
    Lmaooooo

Is that why they've done so well at the recent prowatercross races in the exact conditions you're speaking of?
    I just got finished being next to team Kawi in the pits in round 1 and 2. Craig Warner and family are 1st class! He does seem to be quite the athlete but I've gotta give some credit to the SXR also. Kinda surprised it could outrun the best of the best on it's first year out there.

+1
    Now that someone gave the smartass response can we get a real response ?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information