Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Pulls harder than a 310. Tough to get on if your old and don't float well...lol.
    Turns on rails, quick and bitchin'. Everyone (Even Klipper working on development/racing and he is a Yami guy) buying them. First year production basically sold out. Lot's of aftermarket stuff coming up and already available. Many who poo poo them, particularly 550/X-2 old school "Purists" riders, get on and rides one and smiles so big top of their head almost falls off.
    Very few issues so far, none major - Usual Kawi doesn't like to fill with fuel easily, (turn nozzle with handle pointed to tray works well), decal blemishes from fuel spilling on overfill, some air boxes coming loose, all minor fixable stuff.
    So if you are hedging - go buy one. It has a warranty and a time-proven very reliable motor. It is more fun than should be legal.

i have never heard of nor seen a blemished decal due to fuel spill .. u have to realize ur not pumping gass in ur car .. the fule fill tube is narrow and bends so ur forced to use ur brain and fill it slowly like every stand up .. and ur suggesting to flip the gas pump nozzle upside down when filling it ?? wow nice awesome .. and ur saying .. it turns on rails .. i've never heard this b4 .. when most are hesitant to turn at all .. and its hard to get on with a deck bigger then a queen size mattress?? .. i posted my experience and am hated yet this .. this is the stuff every1 needs to know .. well done sir

+1
    I rode one in March & it was my 1st ride of any standup PWC (I have a 310r). I was able to stand up fine after a few min of riding on my knees but I found it hard to get my footing right. I found it too narrow to get good balance that made me feel confident.
    I dont think I went over 1/2 throttle for more than 3sec because it just wants to fly away. Turning was not something I was good at or fond of. I kept feeling like at any moment the nose would dip under the water, go submarine & launch me over the front, but then again I had that same feeling going straight.
    On my 310 I ride mostly standing up (can see the water better & more comfy) but I felt very uneasy with the SXR & had the constant fear of being thrown over the front at high speed.
    Overall I guess it would be fun for the right person but to me it just feels like death waiting to happen.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybnvs2 View Post
    i have never heard of nor seen a blemished decal due to fuel spill .. u have to realize ur not pumping gass in ur car .. the fule fill tube is narrow and bends so ur forced to use ur brain and fill it slowly like every stand up .. and ur suggesting to flip the gas pump nozzle upside down when filling it ?? wow nice awesome .. and ur saying .. it turns on rails .. i've never heard this b4 .. when most are hesitant to turn at all .. and its hard to get on with a deck bigger then a queen size mattress?? .. i posted my experience and am hated yet this .. this is the stuff every1 needs to know .. well done sir
    Ok here let me explain something to you -
    1. Usually one stands at the side of the ski with the handle (that's the thingy you pull to dispense gas) towards the side you are standing. I am suggesting pointing the handle towards the tray area and filling it that way helps.
    2. If you do not know the thing corners like a slot car you do not know anything about the SX-r, thus claims of experience are null and void.
    3. Since you do not know anything about the SX-R why don't you just do us all a favor and go away? If you have any valid comprehensible points for discussion that is fine.
    4. I do not mean to be rude but it appears you do. Go eat a sammich, and have a great day.

Finally got to spend some appreciable time on mine. It is heavier and bigger than the old school Stand Up. And it does require a different skill set to ride it as compared to Runabouts. Once you get the hang of it, you can carve some amazing turns on this thing (i am getting there, not quite proficient at it yet LOL).

Deep water re boarding is tricky because the Ski is more buoyant than older Stand Ups, but I am sure once you get the hang of it, it's no big deal.

Lots of power / speed in this thing . . . FUN! JB.

+1
    Good for setting bouys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18558536_10213028341854032_6178929507988616303_o.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	413172  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Good for setting bouys.
    LOL what'dya expect those would sink a chicken! (Probably one of the coolest race classes out. Would love to see a Chicken Finals and the #1 plate be cock of the walk the only rooster amongst the chickens and a golden bucket trophy)

+1
    It's a fun class the spectator's love it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170520_193247.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	413213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1495542825076.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	413214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1495542842137.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	413215

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    It's a fun class the spectator's love it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170520_193247.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	413213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1495542825076.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	413214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1495542842137.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	413215
    Thats awesome. There is one here local to me thats been sitting in someones driveway for years, I always wanted to ride one. Its gotta be fun.

+1
    I picked up one Thursday last week. Unfortunately, work Friday and rain all weekend kept me from the initial ride. Hopefully, I be able to take it out by next Sunday.

Now, please don't take this as being a know it all or trying to be a smart a55 but I get a kick out of some of the responses. What you guys need to realize is that riding a standup requires skills that you will never learn by riding a couch. It is kind of like a fourwheeler atv rider climbing on a motorcycle and thinking he can just put his feet on the pegs and sit there then just give it gas and take off, only turning the handlebars to turn a corner. Riding a standup requires a learning curve and the use of body english is mandatory. From everything I've heard, the new SXR1500 is the most stable and beginner friendly standup ever. I'm not saying it is a beginner machine, quite the contrary, it is a high performance machine! And btw, I started riding standup pwc in the mid '80s, first on a 550 then on to a 650, then a 750, then another 550, then an 800 and finally my last machine was a superjet 701 RN. I know a little about standup riding.

Everyone owes it to themself to try a standup for morethan just a quick spin. After the learning curve, it may surprise you with the fun and challenges it brings.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information