Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

svho clutch life

hey guys i have basically no mods- scom and riva panel filer. i ride mainly in smooth water at wot 100% (does wot bother the clutch at all?) not choppy at all- unless im cutting across the lake wanting to get back- maybe 3 minutes of wot in the chop. usually i trim up and just plow through at lower speeds. we have a buoy course but don't ride on it but maybe twice ina season.

so i ride pretty much like the old man i am- how long do u think the clutch will last?

i would like it to go out right at the end of my warranty tho lol

typical water for meClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5854.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	412392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5858.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	412393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5807.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	412394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5633.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	412395

+1
    I've seen 6 fx svho have betweeen 500 -900 hrs on them

Quote Originally Posted by Danetwork View Post
    I seen 6 fx svho have betweeen 500 -900 hrs on them
    whoa!!! ok thank you!!! im a 15 and have 170 hrs so i got a little more time

+1
    i seem to be ruining clutches every 3 hours. i have not idea why. im not even getting on it. its being replaced by riva every time but its very annoying. I feel like its something causing the clutch to go out. Could it beave my BOV? i HKS knock off. Is there a way to adjust the spring pressure to make it go off at lower boost?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    i seem to be ruining clutches every 3 hours. i have not idea why. im not even getting on it. its being replaced by riva every time but its very annoying. I feel like its something causing the clutch to go out. Could it beave my BOV? i HKS knock off. Is there a way to adjust the spring pressure to make it go off at lower boost?
    3 hours?! thats insane. Even with no BOV your clutch should last longer than that I got 200 on my sho with the old style clutch. 80 of those with the mods in my sig and i run the damn thing hard everyday. Also mainly rough water riding

+1
    i remember when i had my first clutch and i would test it, It would be firm and locked. Now, every time its replaced, it has a spongy feeling when turning counter-clockwise and i dont see target rpm. I am suppose to be around 8900rpm+ and its 8300+

+1
    ive seen stock svho skis do clutches anywhere from 30 to 150 hours ,slightly modded fx svho that are propped to 8000rpm last anywhere from 7 to 40hours .

+1
    so its the RPM that kills the clutch? I am set up to spin 8800+ but ive read that people run 9000+ and do fine for a lot of hours. I dont even release the throttle fully when getting on the throttle

9. +1 by:

I've seen a lot of people posting that they "know how to ride" that's why their clutch lasts so long. I'm subbing to this thread as well. What exactly is "proper" riding technique for a supercharged 4 stroke? It's my first 4 stroke and I'm used to my 1300r two stroke so any education would be helpful on how to prolong the longevity.

Thanks!

+1
    to make it simple, you cannot just peg the throttle and get air and unhook the pump because when you land, you are going to jolt the system and will put stress on the clutch resulting in failure eventually. You have to use the throttle wisely and release when you have air (slightly) and reapply throttle when you land etc... Also, when you are at WOT, you shouldnt just rlease the throttle all the way. Gradually release it so the boost pressure doesnt return back the the SC wheel and jolt the system.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information