Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    My wifes 09 FZS has 275 hrs on it, only ever needed batteries, plugs and oil changes. She rides WOT, but only when its flat. On the other hand, had I been riding it all this time, i'm sure without a doubt I would have cracked the pump tunnel and blown the clutch many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    My wifes 09 FZS has 275 hrs on it, only ever needed batteries, plugs and oil changes. She rides WOT, but only when its flat. On the other hand, had I been riding it all this time, i'm sure without a doubt I would have cracked the pump tunnel and blown the clutch many times.
    Yup my wife is way easier on a ski! Sheís hell on car rims though lol

Delete
    Last edited by Floon34; 06-15-2020 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    i seem to be ruining clutches every 3 hours. i have not idea why. im not even getting on it. its being replaced by riva every time but its very annoying. I feel like its something causing the clutch to go out. Could it beave my BOV? i HKS knock off. Is there a way to adjust the spring pressure to make it go off at lower boost?
    did you ever get this situated?

I have a 2015 FZS that went 29 hours before first clutch died. It was Stock 0-20hrs, mild bolt ons and running 8750rpm and 82mph for a good 9 hours and clutch started going out intermittently, IMMEDIATELY after adding Lucas oil additive.

got it fixed under warranty, and Iím 3 hours into the new clutch and itís starting to do the same damn thing. A friend was goosing it pretty good today on the river and Iím
    wondering if he killed it. I rode it maybe 10 mins after him and it started slipping.

2015 FX (same story) as the FZ but 2nd clutch still holding as
    it wasnít goosed.

worth noting I did put 2019 Super Chargers on them the Same time I did the Lucas. I donít think this would cause any issue.

2017 GP1800, same mods and performance since 4hrs and is at 20hrs now and still feels fine on OG clutch.

Mine ended up going at 250 hrs had it replaced under warranty and now I’m at 350 hrs no problems. I don’t put any additives and only run yamalube factory oil. I’m stock with scom only

+1
    You can not add oil aditives or run synthetic oil with the clutch set up.... use Yamaha lube / normal oil.

There are plenty of people running synthetic oil without any clutch issues, so IDK if that's 100% true.
    Last edited by STALKER FZR; 06-23-2020 at 06:16 PM.

+1
    its not just the ski world. there are places for synthetics, and there are places that your not supposed to use them. some wet clutches ruin using it. Now I do undertand this "clutch" is not really a clutch.. and not even remotely like a bikes wet clutch. just an example.

but this clutch/ one way bearings is dependant on friction, and is teeth grabbing on a smoth surface.... so I think it comes intot play. a lot od searching and most say don't.

+1
    I'm in the same boat with clutches going out prematurely ( 2 rides). Switched to non synthetic oil and still lost a clutch after the 2nd ride. I'm kind of over it.

My opinion is that the style of water you ride does matter to an extent and how ride to an extent but over all it is a pile of crap design but possibly the best available in supercharged form. I also cant believe how poorly the supercharger shaft was designed.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information