Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 97 of 97

Thread: Slt project

  1. #91
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,443
    +1
    40
    Remove the driveshaft and you can run the engine on the garden hose for as long as you want/need.

  2. #92
    rpa101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    kingston ont canada
    Posts
    1,180
    +1
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Remove the driveshaft and you can run the engine on the garden hose for as long as you want/need.
    i can’t turn on the water to the garage it’s in the -20 to -25c here so I am going to finish it and start it for a couple of minutes max then come on spring lol
    move on to the next project

  3. #93
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,443
    +1
    40
    Run the garden hose from the house. (moving water can't freeze)

    Then, after you're done, the kids can go ice skating on the pond you just made.

    Just kidding.

    Still remove the drive shaft so you don't ruin your seals in the pump

  4. #94
    rpa101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    kingston ont canada
    Posts
    1,180
    +1
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Run the garden hose from the house. (moving water can't freeze)

    Then, after you're done, the kids can go ice skating on the pond you just made.

    Just kidding.

    Still remove the drive shaft so you don't ruin your seals in the pump
    if only I could get my kids to put down the video game controllers long enough to do anything in the winter lol
    my roll of 1/8”Jose came in so I’m going to make the last oil line , I wish I blocked off the pump and pri mixed then I could have put the e box where the oil tank is .
    E box on top of a battery seams so stupid

  5. #95
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,443
    +1
    40
    It wasn't the best idea, but it made them both accessible.

    Just make sure to have the plastic cover in place between the box and battery.

    I've been running mine like this for quite a few years and haven't had an issue with it yet.

    It's when people remove that cover is when the problem happens

  6. +1 by:


  7. #96
    rpa101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    kingston ont canada
    Posts
    1,180
    +1
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    It wasn't the best idea, but it made them both accessible.

    Just make sure to have the plastic cover in place between the box and battery.

    I've been running mine like this for quite a few years and haven't had an issue with it yet.

    It's when people remove that cover is when the problem happens
    ya I agree with the battery cover it’s all good, I like how the pro is better

  8. #97
    RLACEMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Random Lake WI
    Posts
    930
    +1
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by rpa101 View Post
    if only I could get my kids to put down the video game controllers long enough to do anything in the winter lol
    my roll of 1/8”Jose came in so I’m going to make the last oil line , I wish I blocked off the pump and pri mixed then I could have put the e box where the oil tank is .
    E box on top of a battery seams so stupid
    I often wondered how many Polaris watercraft were sent to scrap because of that e-box on top of the battery design, someone had a real head in ass idea there. I know of 3 in our small town that went that way.


Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1995 SLT 785 Pro Project
    By beerdart in forum Polaris Projects
    Replies: 559
    Last Post: 06-29-2016, 05:47 PM
  2. Anyone interested in an SLT project?
    By RLACEMAN in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2015, 05:57 PM
  3. Inherited 750 SLT Project
    By bman22 in forum Polaris Projects
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-28-2015, 04:24 PM
  4. New to me project SLT-X 1050 and a few questions
    By klutch_nut in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 05:12 PM
  5. My 95 SLT 750 project
    By Reccashi in forum Polaris Projects
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •