Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

+1

2017 ex deluxe mods?

hi guys im new to the site and new to the pwc world i just picked up a pair of 2017 yamaha ex deluxe skis and i was curious about making them faster but still staying under the guidelines of warranty. the skis are fun to ride ive already put about 15 hours on them and just like anything when u get used to it u want to go faster lol. i was just wondering if anybody had any insight as to what u can and cant do before i start getting in trouble thanks!

I've never seen inside of one, but I'd assume some things like free flow or rear exit from maybe the vx series ski's may work. Or a little creativity making your own. Anything that helps air flow in and out of engine will help. I'd assume behind the throttle body there is a ribbon that can be defeated. And an intake tube and air filter that can be replaced with a higher flow unit.

+1
    Riva has a stage one kit, even has a maptuner tune if im not mistaken. The ex has more aftermarket parts than the Vx series! I have a mate with a 16 VX and the aftermarket support for those are terrible!

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...x&cPath=16_274

Heres a link to the forum store for mods, Use the 'greenhulk' checkout code and you'll likely get 10% off parts. Don't let the difference in top speed fool you though, the icing with the mods comes in the difference in acceleration and how much your skis will really wake up.

4. +1 by:

+1
    i saw all the stuff riva has to offer im just concerned about voiding my warranty i already had a small fiasco bringing them in for the first service (they didnt properly install the oil filter)

Leave them stock, you'll only gain a small amount on accel and low end performance. Since there is no official ecu tune, the motor will spin the same speed regardless. Only way to squeeze a mph or two would be to do the few standard intake, exhaust, ribbon and then a slight repitch on the impeller. Not worth it... there is just no real aftermarket support for the "rental" skis...

+1
    thats a little disheartening

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    Leave them stock, you'll only gain a small amount on accel and low end performance. Since there is no official ecu tune, the motor will spin the same speed regardless. Only way to squeeze a mph or two would be to do the few standard intake, exhaust, ribbon and then a slight repitch on the impeller. Not worth it... there is just no real aftermarket support for the "rental" skis...
    Not correct Tony. Riva has a great tune with the MaptunerX. I personally test drove an EX with the Riva Stage 1 kit which includes the MaptunerX tune and there was a 6+ mph gain over stock. Not too bad for a tune, exhaust, air filter and impeller.

RIVA EX STAGE 1 KIT

Our Yamaha EX Stage 1 Kit delivers a huge performance gain with simple bolt-on modifications! Expect awesome acceleration and a top speed increase of...
    RY-RPM-EX-1 $1,744.70

9. +1 by:

+1
    I have one. Last weekend i mounted riva exhaust and riva intake kit.
    Now if i accelrate fast it hits the top set rpm. Was on 7650 rpm i think.
    Accelration is faster and the sound is amazing.
    Did hit 54.6mph and i am 100kg with clothes

11. +1 by:

+1
    But here it is almost winter still was 9°c

I like those exs they look good- i see a lot of them by my house.

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information