Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Signs of a blown sc shaft or clutch

    I am curious what the signs of a blown sc shaft or clutch. I have a '15 fx svho (34 hours) with stage 2 mods. I am not hitting the mph i should be with the mods and tune. Is is possible to still hit your target rpm's and have a bad clutch or sc shaft? It works or it doesnt? Thanks..

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,458
    +1
    104
    If SC clutch gone you will struggle to get over 5000 rpm iirc, mates SVHO clutch went and was low on sped for a couple of hour or so before it went pop the intake pipe off and check it, have you checked for a boost leak?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    If SC clutch gone you will struggle to get over 5000 rpm iirc, mates SVHO clutch went and was low on sped for a couple of hour or so before it went pop the intake pipe off and check it, have you checked for a boost leak?
    That is the next step. Rpm's are good, but speed is the same with stage 1 as it is with stage 2. I removed the spacers on l13 cone with no noticable speed gains. Just scratching my head.....rpm's are 8620 to 8660

  4. #4
    Steve-m31164's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    2,822
    +1
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSHO_X_2 View Post
    That is the next step. Rpm's are good, but speed is the same with stage 1 as it is with stage 2. I removed the spacers on l13 cone with no noticable speed gains. Just scratching my head.....rpm's are 8620 to 8660
    generally when a clutch goes , the ski will only do around 45mph . sometimes they will go into limp mode. if you remove spacers from the L13 cone your revs will increase and the speed will drop.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-m31164 View Post
    generally when a clutch goes , the ski will only do around 45mph . sometimes they will go into limp mode. if you remove spacers from the L13 cone your revs will increase and the speed will drop.
    Thats funny. Someone on here said opposite about cone. I had 3 spacers at 8620 rpm, removed cone and spacers, speed about the same and rpms went to 8660.

  6. #6
    weather tempreture

    or

    supercharger clutch is bad but still didn't die


  7. #7
    Ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    845
    +1
    61
    if you are able to reach 8600 rpm, engine is working good. clutch is good and no boost leak anywhere.
    what's your speed at 8600 rpm and what's your rpm limiter??

  8. #8
    fx160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    gold coast australia
    Posts
    2,608
    +1
    221
    You may be on the limiter hard
    Check how much throttle you need to get to your top speed
    It's possible you are way under propped

  9. +1 by:


  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    You may be on the limiter hard
    Check how much throttle you need to get to your top speed
    It's possible you are way under propped
    Thats my problem. Speed is stuck at 76-77. It has great power until about half throttle. From half to full there is marginal if any speed gains. Rpm is 8620-8640

  11. #10
    Titan_Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pottstown PA
    Posts
    852
    +1
    177
    Have you checked your wear ring and impeller for damage?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Check this video ,some sign of clutch failure,cativation or impeller problem?
    By Teerayoot in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
  2. Infrared images of 2009 260x SC belt, shaft bearings and exhaust
    By KWO in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 07:02 AM
  3. Is this also sign of SC slippage?
    By VenomRXP in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 08:45 PM
  4. Jerry here are the pics of SC shaft
    By USS RXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 11:37 AM
  5. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •