Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by d00m View Post
    85.5 at 8600 rpm. Only thing i changed was to an 87mm 5 degree nozzle and hull mod. SKi picked up 50-100 rpm from the nozzle, i have some more things my buddy wants me to try.
    The stock 85mm 3 degree i think is the stock SVHO nozzle. Apparently what jerry said was that this nozzle slows you down, i wish i would've brought the other to truly test back to back and see but the weather was shitty and only could get 4 attempts in.
    So you only gained 2.7 mph by doing hull mod and nozzle swap? I would have expected more. Maybe try the 3 degree with the hull mod and see what you get.
    I personally like the 3 degree 85mm nozzle. I felt it holeshot better and handled better overall, and may have also been a little faster when I did back to back testing on my blue FZR. Others like the 5 degree for top speed setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    So you only gained 2.7 mph by doing hull mod and nozzle swap? I would have expected more. Maybe try the 3 degree with the hull mod and see what you get.
    I personally like the 3 degree 85mm nozzle. I felt it holeshot better and handled better overall, and may have also been a little faster when I did back to back testing on my blue FZR. Others like the 5 degree for top speed setup.
    Thats what im told but my buddy who did the hull mod, told me it works best with a 2 degree pump wedge AND the 5 degree nozzle so lets see what happens. If someone a regular persons weight would be on it and low fuel i think 89 is doable. I only got to stay in it for one pass. Lets see what we do in a couple days.

3. +1 by:

+1
    300lb rider turning 8650rpm and running 88.2mph is very impressive to me. Tells me once you do the top motor mods required to spin it higher you'll be way over 90 easy.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Yeah, everyone i know who does it is in FL. It wasn't cheap but it was worth it.
    if you don't mind me asking how much was it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZeeR View Post
    Best tip would be don't try it yourself as you can make pump more prone to stuffing and can make your ski slower and less stable if you fuk up. There are some pros at it that have proven results.
    I don't think pump stuff can happen with hull mod. In my opninon the mod restricts water to the pump.

The guys that are getting bounce are the ones getting creative and sanding where they shouldn't.

+1
    Yeah, everyone i know who does it is in FL. It wasn't cheap but it was worth it.
    Question after your hull was cut was it re sealed then painted or just painted. Exactly how was it finished after cut?

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Question after your hull was cut was it re sealed then painted or just painted. Exactly how was it finished after cut?
    Just painted with some rattle can paint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information