Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Even if you had the vin number, but not having the prior registration and not knowing prior owner information will cause an issue specially here in ct. if that was the case here no that ski you cannot register.

Ok. Should I look for a new hull then? What hulls are comparable with what I have? The exhaust exits the boat at the front on the right, btw.

Any js hull will work

+1
    Can you still contact the seller? Perhaps he has some information on it.

If not, perhaps your dealer can use the engine serial number to track down the hull identification number. OR, perhaps your dealer can tell you where the secondary number plate should be, if this model even had one.

Ok, so I found a possible hull.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0745.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	412390

The guy says it is a 1987 300sx, it's dusty, but looks promising. Is this just plug and play, for a 650? I know a little, like I would need the impeller from my ski, anybody know more about this? Thanks for the help thus far.

Btw, he says he has everything for it, it ran before the engine was removed, I just need to ask about a title. Anything I should look for, if this is the one? Is this a good hull?

yes but off the record remove vin plate from new purchased hall and install on the one that is already put together. register and ride

+1
    Over the years, I've had hell getting various used boats registered for a variety of reasons. Bought one from New Mexico, which didn't title PWCs at the time and my state, Texas, wouldn't accept it.

Bought a sailboat with a title, but since it was NOT required to be titled, the title had never been transferred among the various owners. After I bought it, they changed the law and required a title, which I had--but they wouldn't accept it since it wasn't transferred properly in the past. I had to find the original owner from 20 years before.

Drove 300 miles to pick up a JetSki from a guy that said he had the title. Well, he had the title alright, but it had WhiteOut all over it. He didn't understand why it wasn't legal to just go in and alter the names on the existing title.

It seems that most people that own PWCs are complete idiots when it comes to paperwork! And don't get me started on trailers!

In Texas, if you don't have a title, you don't own it--and you can't sell a boat you don't own.

Also, I would never recommend that you change the HIN plate on your 'Ski. However, a good automotive paint supply place will have the little barbed plastic rivets that are used to hold it on.

Personally, I think this hull might be in better shape than mine, so I think I am just going to swap everything into the new hull, although for a lot of you guys, that probably seems like a waste of time, but I want the experience, and I would like to further familiarize myself with kawis. Idk, $250 for this boat might be a bit much, so I might pass, but I will think on it.

Btw, the guy also offered me 2 tigershark jet skis on a double place for $1,100. Lol, I almost died laughing. To make it worse, none of them ran, and they weren't in great condition at all! It seems like $400 is the max you can sell tigersharks for running with a trailer. They just sit on craigslist

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Over the years, I've had hell getting various used boats registered for a variety of reasons. Bought one from New Mexico, which didn't title PWCs at the time and my state, Texas, wouldn't accept it.

Bought a sailboat with a title, but since it was NOT required to be titled, the title had never been transferred among the various owners. After I bought it, they changed the law and required a title, which I had--but they wouldn't accept it since it wasn't transferred properly in the past. I had to find the original owner from 20 years before.

Drove 300 miles to pick up a JetSki from a guy that said he had the title. Well, he had the title alright, but it had WhiteOut all over it. He didn't understand why it wasn't legal to just go in and alter the names on the existing title.

It seems that most people that own PWCs are complete idiots when it comes to paperwork! And don't get me started on trailers!

In Texas, if you don't have a title, you don't own it--and you can't sell a boat you don't own.

Also, I would never recommend that you change the HIN plate on your 'Ski. However, a good automotive paint supply place will have the little barbed plastic rivets that are used to hold it on.
    Secondhand information, since you can purchase a replacement hull from kawasaki supposedly its not illegal to swap the hin numbers because its basically treated like a serviceable part.

Again, this is secondhand so take it with a grain of salt.

Sean

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information