Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Pump Stuffing Rxt 300

Hi everyone, Im very new to this forum....joined about an hour ago. I am currently attempting to make my Rxt 300 go 90(ish give or take 1-2mph). Would I run into any issues with pump stuffing with the factory pump and nozzle? I read on another forum that 90 is the top speed you can reach before you will overstuff. Is this true? If yes, what can I do to prevent it.

+1
    Read this thread: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=235606

Every ski is different but the original S3 hulls would stuff around 83 mph+ with the 159mm pump and 83mm nozzle. Your pump is 161mm and has proven to be a great pump for many reasons. You will definitely want a PRV system as in the linked thread to get you safely beyond 85 mph. Since I installed my PRV system I have not stuffed my S3. Glade Rider has pushed his to 94+ mph with no signs of stuffing, other than the pump itself blowing up, but that is a different issue.

BTW, these speeds are scary fast and you better be riding with others and seriously consider a helmet, 100 mph rated life jacket and neck brace!

3. +1 by:

+1
    89.75 mph and it will stuff ask me how i know at 85 mph you are safe when it stuffs it is scary violent threw my friend head over heels for over 90ft in the air he was lucky and landed on his butt and back still laid him up for 2 weeks be careful if you want to go that fast install PRV's and BTW he was able to get the ski to go that fast with minor mods and his 300 tune he developed still had stock intake,SC and engine

+1
    What is pump stuffing and PRV's?

Thanks for the response. I do plan on riding with a helmet, I wouldnt go ober 75 without one. Do you know how much it would cost to install the PRV?

+1
    http://www.lbmotorsports.com/product...her-s3t3-hulls

This kit is a very good start and has just about every thing you need except for the tools. I drilled and tapped my pump fittings for a very tight fit. You can probably get by without tapping with tight fitting holes and quality sealant.

+1
    Hey guys, I don't mean to sound like a downer but you need to really consider NOT wearing a helmet at those speeds. Neck brace yes. Not saying I'm an expert but just think about how that helmet will act in an accident (water only of course)....

Imagine what the force is when water hits under the chin area of a helmet at those speeds. That's damn near decapitation force and for sure a broken neck.

When I came off my GPR at 88, my first thought was "thank god I wasn't wearing a helmet". For granted I had a dislocated shoulder, broken nose and a busted ear drum. But the way I cartwheeled (head-foot-head-foot over and over), I would be scared to know what my neck would've done with all that force filling the helmet with violent bursts of water.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Hey guys before I get bashed for saying that, remember this is only my opinion, y'all do whatever you feel is safe and whatever you need to do to protect yourselves. This is only something else to consider when deciding. I know I won't ever wear one for the whole bowling ball effect the head can quickly become.

CC racers have to wear them so they are protected when run over or fly off into another ski.

We...on the other hand do runs 99.9% of the time away from other skis and away from chances of ending up on shore in someone's boathouse (hopefully) --- so it's a little different.

Be safe and I hope I didn't offend anyone- that was not my intention.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
    Hey guys before I get bashed for saying that, remember this is only my opinion, y'all do whatever you feel is safe and whatever you need to do to protect yourselves. This is only something else to consider when deciding. I know I won't ever wear one for the whole bowling ball effect the head can quickly become.

CC racers have to wear them so they are protected when run over or fly off into another ski.

We...on the other hand do runs 99.9% of the time away from other skis and away from chances of ending up on shore in someone's boathouse (hopefully) --- so it's a little different.

Be safe and I hope I didn't offend anyone- that was not my intention.
    I 100% agree with you, ya won't catch me with a helmet on.. if anyone gets offended they can go f*ck themselves;P I wore helmet and neck brace when I raced karts or drag racing the car but like you said we don't have to worry about getting our heads ripped off by water getting under the helmet and acting like a parachute.

Also if you're gonna run a prv you should have a ball valve so you can shut it off it it gets jammed open by a twig or something

13. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john07ex View Post
    What is pump stuffing and PRV's?
    (explained very simply)

Stuff is when there is a shock-wave of water getting pushed forward and out the intake grate. A mild stuff feels like you just ran over a log of wood. A big stuff will literally throw you off the ski (full rag-doll mode). It generally happens as soon as let off the gas and happens so fast, you can't react fast enough (unless its a mild stuff). It's a Jesus take the wheel kinda moment.

PRV means Pressure Release Valve. They are designed to lower/release the increased pressure just in-front of the impeller. So when setup properly, it greatly lowers the pressure and in turn eliminates the feared stuffing.

Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
    Hey guys, I don't mean to sound like a downer but you need to really consider NOT wearing a helmet at those speeds. Neck brace yes.
    I tend to agree with that. A helmet is good when chances of impacting a hard object...now I know water is hard at those speeds with not same thing.

The other issue is blowing out ear drums. That is ULTRA painful...its almost unbearable and can have life-long isues. I mildly popped mine when doing Hydrospace testing and it hurt for a week or two. Some guys that do barrel-rolls have also popped an ear drum and that nowhere near the force coming off the ski doing 80mph plus

15. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information