Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

GP1800 overheating on hose adapter

Hey Guys,

De-winterized the GP1800 this weekend, and while running it on the garden hose adapter so I could warm up the oil for a change, my overheat alarm went off. I had the PWC as close to level as possible, and I had no water coming out of the pisser, but plenty coming out the back of the craft.

Changed the oil, went out on the lake, ran without a hitch...no overheating and plenty of water making its way through the cooling passages, obviously.

Water pressure is more than adequate at my place (I run a detailing business), so it's not lack of water pressure, and my VXR does just fine running on the hose.

Is there a check valve or anything of that nature I'm unaware of that could be causing this? It only has 2.2 hours on it after running it this Saturday, so it's under warranty, but if it's a really simple correction I'd rather not have to take it back to the dealer. Ideas?

+1
    My FZR has done this before on the hose and in my expierence it's water pressure related. Only trick I have is on the left side with the two pissers, if water is only coming out of one of them, just cover it with your finger for a few seconds and the other will start flowing. Once you remove your finger, they'll both flow normal.

+1
    Not sure why a NA VS Supercharged would set off alarm unless there's more back pressure because of intercooler. If you watch the water coming out of the pump at idle while on a hose you can see most of it exits the pump strainer. I rigged up a way to force the water forward and not out the pump after I had alarm go off... never had a problem since.

Scott

+1
    I've had something happen similar with my boat... I just blip the throttle to build up a little pressure in the system and the pressure stabilizes enough for the water to go through the system. Just a thought.
    Chris

Its been happening to mines ever since i added the anode cooling fitting, its the extra cooling hoses that kill water pressure. So now i have to go to the lake just to flush the ski, does anyone know of an adapter i can add to my hose to bring up the pressure? Ive looked on and off for months now with no luck.

+1
    Try a towing valve or clamp, so you can close the feed from the pump were you loose the water now with less pressure. Close it just before the Y-adapter

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by d00m View Post
    Its been happening to mines ever since i added the anode cooling fitting, its the extra cooling hoses that kill water pressure. So now i have to go to the lake just to flush the ski, does anyone know of an adapter i can add to my hose to bring up the pressure? Ive looked on and off for months now with no luck.

I am am having similar I bought a hose clamp from auto parts store so going to try that to clamp the pipe going to the strainer to for more water through the motor.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/flex...ose-clamp-set/

i hav have been told to tip nose down as far as possible too.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Follow the red flush hose to the fitting. Sounds like it may be kinked at the fitting. I have seen that before. Were all of your pissers 1 on left and 2 on right flowing water? Could be light water pressure.

+1
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards it being kinked somewhere and will try to follow the hosing to try to identify the problem. Water pressure is more than ample, so it's not that.

I have no water from any of the pissers at all while on the hose, and I've noticed that water dwells at the fitting port even when you remove the hose adapter, so it must be kinked somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Follow the red flush hose to the fitting. Sounds like it may be kinked at the fitting. I have seen that before. Were all of your pissers 1 on left and 2 on right flowing water? Could be light water pressure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kmaher View Post
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards it being kinked somewhere and will try to follow the hosing to try to identify the problem. Water pressure is more than ample, so it's not that.

I have no water from any of the pissers at all while on the hose, and I've noticed that water dwells at the fitting port even when you remove the hose adapter, so it must be kinked somewhere.
    Follow the red flush hose to the X fitting at the bottom of the hull by waterbox. I bet the red hose is kinked there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information