Rotax powered Scarab help needed

Guys I need some help. I have a Scarab with the RXP-X 260 Rotax on it. The boat will not start.

I can turn the key, and you can hear the engine tick, and get ready to go, but it will not crank.

I have bypassed the solenoid at the fuse box, and I can make the starter work, but with the key on "run" the engine will not engage. I have checked all of the fuses, breakers, and connections. I also checked the dead man switch.

Any idea what else I can check? The brand was dropped by my local dealer, and the new on that picked it up wont be online for 3 months. Im going to check with the Candoo Pro in a few days, but it seems Im just missing something easy.

Any help will be appreciated.

I looked at my RXT 300, and some of the components are similar, but it has never happened with the ski.

+1
    Have you looked through the OEM parts section to find the closest model and year to what you have?

Sounds like the starter solenoid needs to be replaced, which is a common failure item after a few years.

I have, I guess I can start by replacing that. But on my boat since there is no DSS key, just a standard key with acc/start/run. I place the key on run while bypassing the solenoid, and the boat doesnt start. Wouldnt that be something other than the solenoid? Kind of like jump starting a car on 2nd gear.

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Have you looked through the OEM parts section to find the closest model and year to what you have?

Sounds like the starter solenoid needs to be replaced, which is a common failure item after a few years.
    Last edited by FZRMike; 04-14-2017 at 07:18 PM.

I found the problem. It was the OMRON relay in the fuse box. I saw my seadoo had the same one, swapped them, and vualla, the bot runs. Thanks for your help JPT!

Thread Information