Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

300 flushing ports

So, noticed there was two flushing ports on my rxp 300. The dealer had only put on one quick connect (left side) so i guessed it was the same procedure as with my spark to flush it. While flushing for the first time, no water came out the exhaust outlet (riva rear exhaust installed) and water came out of the other flush port. Blocked the right flush port with my hand and then water would flow out the exhaust. Asked the dealer and was told to flush half the time on the right, and half the time on the left while blocking the opposite port. How does everybody else flush their 300 skis, is this the correct way?

Also noticed the water coming out the exhaust from the rxp is extremely hot compared to the spark, normal?

+1
    Are you riding in salt water or fresh?...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1031.PNG 
Views:	220 
Size:	288.2 KB 
ID:	410526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1032.PNG 
Views:	471 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	410527

Quote Originally Posted by jeel View Post
    Are you riding in salt water or fresh?...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1031.PNG 
Views:	220 
Size:	288.2 KB 
ID:	410526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1032.PNG 
Views:	471 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	410527
    Salt all the time. Thanks, i have good water pressure but when NOT blocking of the opposite flush port the water would only flush out the unblocked flushport, not from the exhaust or the little water stream on the RH side (intercooler pisser?). Whilst flushing with a low pressure hose, no water would flow, even after 30 seconds and the opposite flush port blocked...

+1
    If your water pressure is too low i think Riva sells a turbo kit that fits right in your garden hose and is guaranteed to increase psi by 20 % and use less water....lol...

+1
    Why are you blocking the flush ports???

Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    Why are you blocking the flush ports???
    I block one of the flush port while having the hose connected to the other one while flushing, 20-30 sec flush on the RH port and 20-30 sec flush on the LH port. When not blocking, most of the water just flows out the opposite flush port and the flow from the exhaust outlet is very little

So basically you should be using enough pressure on each side that water comes out the opposite port?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickspark View Post
    So, noticed there was two flushing ports on my rxp 300. The dealer had only put on one quick connect (left side) so i guessed it was the same procedure as with my spark to flush it. While flushing for the first time, no water came out the exhaust outlet (riva rear exhaust installed) and water came out of the other flush port. Blocked the right flush port with my hand and then water would flow out the exhaust. Asked the dealer and was told to flush half the time on the right, and half the time on the left while blocking the opposite port. How does everybody else flush their 300 skis, is this the correct way?

Also noticed the water coming out the exhaust from the rxp is extremely hot compared to the spark, normal?
    I know this sounds like a stupid question, But is the ski on while you are flushing it? If the ski is not on this could cause water not to move sufficient enough. Hopefully its on , and this is not your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I know this sounds like a stupid question, But is the ski on while you are flushing it? If the ski is not on this could cause water not to move sufficient enough. Hopefully its on , and this is not your problem.
    Im aware that water can be turned on only when the ski is running, so yes it is running.

Well, it is not a big deal flushing it the way I do now with just blocking the opposite flush port with my hand and switching the hose to the other port halfway through the flushing, just thought it was a little weird that the ski had two flush ports

+1
    I still don't know WHY your blocking the opposite flush port? Theres 2 ports cause you have an intercooler. Follow the instructions in your manual and you'll be fine. Since the ports are and exit I'd recommend not blocking them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information