+1

First impressions of my 2017 FX SVHO (vs my 2006 GP1300R)

Wow!

I finally got past the 90 minute break in period and I am impressed. My FX not only hauls ass but has bottom end punch and corners nicely. I had a friend drive my FX while I raced against it with my 2006 Gp1300R. The GP only has RD intake & ride plate along with pump stuff kit and solas prop. GP hits 72 on the dream-o-meter / stock speedo. But the GP had no chance against the completely stock FX SVHO. This is my first 4 stroke and my second couch ski and I am pleased.

I love my superjet, my blaster (kawi 1100) packs a punch but it will beat you up in the chop. I thought the GP was a "plush" ski but it doesn't handle anywhere near the FX SVHO.

I used to mock couch riders with their big fat "anyone can ride it" skis w reverse, side mirrors, fuel gauge and speedometers. I am eating some crow but then again I am 50 now. LOL. I'll never get rid of my superjet...until the next version w TR1 motor but that's another story.

I cant imagine modding this FX SVHO, but I also know I can't resist. I have to watch out since I have a 4 year warranty. Seems like intake grate, prop, ribbon delete and ecu map. The ribbon delete seems like a lot of work and read somewhere that said just do the ECU and leave the ribbon. I read here about the pump stuff kit but see conflicting reports the stock ski has pump stuffed from the factory.

I'll keep reading the thread about SVHO mods but it doesn't seem anyone records just one mod's impact on a stock ski but rather the whole combo of mods.

hmmm...Im spending more time here than on x-h20, doh!

+1
    Ribbon delete is relatively simple, theres a few good tutorials on youtube, It is in my opinion a must have mod, I'd go with just a maptuner x 'bone stock' reflash and the ribbon for now. Although I can vouch even only the ribbon removed gives a difference. With a stock tune these SVHO motors really wake up!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by itsrixter View Post
    Wow!

I finally got past the 90 minute break in period and I am impressed. My FX not only hauls ass but has bottom end punch and corners nicely. I had a friend drive my FX while I raced against it with my 2006 Gp1300R. The GP only has RD intake & ride plate along with pump stuff kit and solas prop. GP hits 72 on the dream-o-meter / stock speedo. But the GP had no chance against the completely stock FX SVHO. This is my first 4 stroke and my second couch ski and I am pleased.

I love my superjet, my blaster (kawi 1100) packs a punch but it will beat you up in the chop. I thought the GP was a "plush" ski but it doesn't handle anywhere near the FX SVHO.

I used to mock couch riders with their big fat "anyone can ride it" skis w reverse, side mirrors, fuel gauge and speedometers. I am eating some crow but then again I am 50 now. LOL. I'll never get rid of my superjet...until the next version w TR1 motor but that's another story.

I cant imagine modding this FX SVHO, but I also know I can't resist. I have to watch out since I have a 4 year warranty. Seems like intake grate, prop, ribbon delete and ecu map. The ribbon delete seems like a lot of work and read somewhere that said just do the ECU and leave the ribbon. I read here about the pump stuff kit but see conflicting reports the stock ski has pump stuffed from the factory.

I'll keep reading the thread about SVHO mods but it doesn't seem anyone records just one mod's impact on a stock ski but rather the whole combo of mods.

It is quite straight forward doing the ribbon delete, Difficult part is only the bracket under the manifold, Some people take it off completely when installing the manifold back because its a PITA lol. And you gain an extra 1lb of boost with ribbon delete.. But man a superjet with TR-1 will be quite heavy lol

First impressions of my 2017 FX SVHO (vs my 2006 GP1300R)

man that ribbon delete looks like a major pita lol i just do not like digging that deep into a new ski... i have a 15 (16 motor) fzsvho with panel filer and foam removed (and scom but u dont need a scom) and i hit the limiter sometimes. i get 73.7 out mine. i would just do the riva filter, you get more out of the full assembly vs the panel filter in stock box like i have.

glad u like the ski!!! u will love the svho motor more and more as u ride it

+1
    Hello itsrixter, I had a 2008 GP1300r with several mods ... it was fast & jumped out of the hole like a rabbit. However, once I moved to the FZR SVHO, it was never the same. The speed, the size, the exceleration . Went from 75 mph/gps to a scary 85 mph/gps. Night 7 day was the transformation. Steve lee

+1
    Wait till you mod it. It,s addictive..

7. +1 by:

17 Fx Svho

Same here, I have a 2004 gp stage 2 that can't touch my new 17 fx, and want to do ribbon delete cold air and possibly a prop and see where I land. The ski is at about 70, but would love to see a build on this ski keeping warrenty worries out of my head.(have a 5 yr as well)

Quote Originally Posted by itsrixter View Post
    Wow!

+1
    Glad you love your FX! I too come from the GP world. I once had a ben herman modded GP1200R that did around 71mph or so and it ran strong and reliable throughout my ownership of the ski.

It had ZERO low end in comparison to my FZS SVHO that I own now. Night and day difference between the two as far as low end.

Now mid-range to top end I'm pretty certain would be a closer race, but with any kind of chop in the way I see the FZS outpacing my old GPR.

I do love the lightness of the GPR in comparsion to the FZS as far as wave jumping and just overall light feel.

All in all though the FZ SVHO is better in every category in comparison to the GP of old, but you still gotta respect the GP's of old and I still LOVE how they look!

My personal favorite year is the 08' GP1300R's!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stifun View Post
    Glad you love your FX! I too come from the GP world. I once had a ben herman modded GP1200R that did around 71mph or so and it ran strong and reliable throughout my ownership of the ski.

It had ZERO low end in comparison to my FZS SVHO that I own now. Night and day difference between the two as far as low end.

Now mid-range to top end I'm pretty certain would be a closer race, but with any kind of chop in the way I see the FZS outpacing my old GPR.

I do love the lightness of the GPR in comparsion to the FZS as far as wave jumping and just overall light feel.

All in all though the FZ SVHO is better in every category in comparison to the GP of old, but you still gotta respect the GP's of old and I still LOVE how they look!

My personal favorite year is the 08' GP1300R's!

Yes the 08' GP1300R was the nicest looking one. I saw someone here took his 06 and painted the gold fairings blue and put on 08 decals. That looked sweet (and would match match mt FX and superjet color scheme).

Thread Information