Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FZS Bilge upgrade...Kinda???

so the wife and i went out on Saturday and like a dumbass i forgot to put the right side plug in. so we are going up the st.johns and the ski is acting funny like it has water in the hull. it would just lean to one side or the other. i kept checking the little pisser on the back and had the wife watching it as well with nothing coming out. i assumed all was ok and the wind and water conditions were to blame for the leaning. get back to the dock and find the plug out. this is after 2hrs of riding lol. so im like WTF why didnt the little pisser piss anything out. got home and washed the ski and washed out the river water from the hull. then did a little experiment and full the hull till the bilge comes on. well what do you know no water out of the little pisser. so here is what i did. 3/4 thru hull in place of little pisser right from the bilge.

the pisser is just there for an air bleed. the bilge hose usually exits out in the tunnel on the left side just behind the waterbox. the pisser is just there to keep water from siphoning into the hull from the outside. but good mod with the through hull fitting. I don't know how and when the bilge pump cycles during riding. i know it turns on when you start it and runs for few seconds when you shut it off but never checked it while riding.

+1
    Good idea ,
    i also thought the small pisser was like a detector that the Bilge pump is running thru the bigger outlet at the tunnel.
    to much i forget the plugs in the back

the little pisser as an air bleep to prevent a syphon effect makes way more sense then a way to see the bilge is on. lol the guy that gave me the run down on my ski told me it was a pisser to let you know the bilge was on. o well I like it like this way more better and I can use the hole in the hull for my 1/2 line to the fizzle.

it runs the whole time the ski is running i believe

next time I go out ill test and let you guys know.

+1
    the oem bilge pump is a good rule500 pump AUTOMATIC!
    how it works.... ?
    this is from RULE website...

Through advanced electronic technology, Rule Automatic Bilge Pumps eliminate the need for a separate switch to activate the pump. Once power is supplied, starting and stopping is completely automatic. The pump checks for water every 2 ˝ minutes by running for a second and measuring load against the impeller. If water is present, the pump remains on until the water is removed. Thereafter it resumes its 2 ˝ minute check cycle. The pumps feature two positive leads, one which is automatic and one which can manually override the pump and turn it on at any time.

i just added one 1100 rule pump with an electronic switch.... seem it works good...

+1

+1
    put your ski up on a trailer, fill the back up with water plugs in and click lock/unlock on your remote, you will see where the bilge pump pushes the water out. Bilge pumps work as long as there is power to your ecu.

+1
    Man went from baby pisser to race horse pisser lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information